Top 6 clubs close to claiming majority of tv rights

its a drop in the ocean money from tv rights just now and wait to the internet gets hold of football and the money will look small change to what could be on offer and clubs could self promote from there own internet sites so sky can get fucked. i feel manchester city are leading the way already with the links we have on the internet and on the over seas market manchester city seen the gap on that side of the market and we use it very well and we are one of the biggest clubs that are search on the internet over seas

am saying if you know the internet is the best way forward and the money that can be made is truly amazing to what sky can offer of a 50/50 cut and its a bigger slice of the pie with your own broadcasting team and a small price for the internet server host. like i said its only going to be small change from what clubs make from sky today and the internet is like printing your own money

all that is needed is a world league or a european league and watch the likes of the USA and china and Asian lap it up and fans wanting 24 hour football then your club can offer you all that for a fee of just £10 a game or a season ticket pass for £100 it will be like £billions a season going straight to clubs just from the fans and sponsorship and image rights

Me too.
The difference between the top few and the rest is already huge, making it bigger won't help the league competition.

Actually TV revenue and Premier league prize money isn't massively different between top and bottom

Where there is a difference is when European prize money comes into it and the club's own commercial deals

I suppose a positive way you could look at it is it may make club owners invest more money to make their club more competitive, rather than settling for mid table safety and spooning off cash (e.g West Ham!!)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...6-want-bigger-cut-of-annual-tv-rights-revenue

quite informative. about 10 clubs in favour, 14 needed.

overseas contracts only. Looks like Scudamore wants to bring overseas tv money into line with the domestic tv money: 1/3 merit, 1/3 equal, 1/3 'facility' (televised match).

currently overseas is only equitably split, 20 ways, but is much smaller than domestic deals. however with values of overseas contracts soaring, Scudamore is keen to have parity across all tv money (parity of structure i think), and yes will benefit us for good or bad. current tv money ratio is about 1.5:1 (best:worst), and this deal is looking to obtain a 2:1 ratio.
This is the issue as far as I can see.

You know what?

Considering only us, Arsenal and West Ham voted for VAR, f**k em all.

Let's not forget that when we were only getting used to this level of investment the likes of Everton moved to block us.

It's not like they play fair when we knock on their door about transfers is it? Nope, they inflate the hell out of the fees to squeeze out their pound of flesh.

Let them rot.

Actually TV revenue and Premier league prize money isn't massively different between top and bottom

Where there is a difference is when European prize money comes into it and the club's own commercial deals

I suppose a positive way you could look at it is it may make club owners invest more money to make their club more competitive, rather than settling for mid table safety and spooning off cash (e.g West Ham!!)

On domestic TV cash, you're right that It isn't, which is a good thing (I didn't say it was!). However this move will increase the gap, which can't be good for a competitive league.

Last season, Chelsea (1st) got 150M, Sunderland (20th) 93M.
36M of the at difference was the prize money of c. 2M/place, the rest was from televised matches (32M for Chelsea, 12M for Sunderland - Liverpool were highest).
Overseas money was 39M of Sunderland's 93M - it's a big chunk of their income that is proposed to be reduced.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/405400

Your suggestion may work, but the overseas TV money is going to end up focussed on the same handful, just as it was 10 years ago. It'll be driven by advertising and it's hard to see WHU getting a high enough profile to compete. We only did, because the FFP trapdoor hadn't closed at the time, and even then it was close.

Sadly the club look at the Spanish model where the top 2 cream all the money off knowing that they are the games everyone wants to watch.
Who watches Bournemouth v Watford outside fans of those 2 clubs?
Dangerous route to go down but City see themselves competing against Europe's elite not the Prem clubs.

This is exactly what happened in Spain, and they had to change it back again because it became way to uncompetitive. One of the reasons the Premier League makes so much more money than La Liga in the first place is because games aren't a foregone conclusion.

We shouldn't be pushing for individual bargaining rights for at least ten years, because that's how far behind the old Sky four we are

Can't see that ever happening as the joint product was always a major tenet of selling the TV rights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.