Top 6 clubs close to claiming majority of tv rights

Premier League clubs absolutely piss away their money anyway so I honestly don't think it would make a blind bit of difference if the lesser teams got 20% less money. All that would mean is they'd sign the exact same, bang average players but pay them 20% less. Each team in the league gets like £100m before even selling a single ticket, yet most of them can't string 5 passes together, it's pathetic.

Premier League clubs absolutely piss away their money anyway so I honestly don't think it would make a blind bit of difference if the lesser teams got 20% less money. All that would mean is they'd sign the exact same, bang average players but pay them 20% less. Each team in the league gets like £100m before even selling a single ticket, yet most of them can't string 5 passes together, it's pathetic.
With that logic we'll have to pay even more for average players (eg Mangala or Danilo)!

Just because we're a big fish now doesn't mean we should forget where we came from. We make enough as it is.

Up until recent seasons, the competitive balance of the league is what made TV companies pay for the rights. If that disappears so does the TV money.

Whilst this season has been fantastic there have been shit games over the course of it where teams have accepted defeat before kick off, and just try and limit the damage (Newcastle away) without making any attempt to attack. I don't want to watch that week in week out.

Using that Martin Samuel table on page 4, if you keep domestic merit, facility, equal payment and central commercial all the same, but then re-distribute the 815m overseas money for 2017/18 in exactly the same proportions as the domestic money (facility same ratio etc.), you get the following swings:

City & United + 10% income, Tottenham & Liverpool + ~9%, Chelsea & Arse + ~8%
Hudders - ~10%, Swans & Stoke - ~13%, West Brom - ~15%

The top:bottom earner goes from 1.58:1 to 2:1, exactly what the Prem are after.

However that is for THIS deal. Foreign TV deals are set to increase. Let's imagine a foreign tv deal with a value of 1,200m a season for 2017/18:

City & United + 13.5% income, Tottenham & Liverpool + ~12%, Chelsea & Arse + ~10%
Hudders - ~12%, Swans & Stoke - ~15%, West Brom - ~18%

The top:bottom ratio is STILL 2:1, but the disparity is now a whopping 100m

I'm with you on this, sure it's good for the club's finance, but I wish we are bold enough to tell these agencies, publicly I should add, that this amount of money is destroying football, in a sense that supporters are priced out, those watching at home cannot follow all games because they are 2-3 networks, players overpaid far far more than communities and country's need to survive.

I personally feel very uneasy with the way our club is eager to be part of a football cartel, something that I really despised for many years.

With FFP now working, all this has done it has now stopped anyone taking over a club and doing what we have done. As owners can only spend what the club has generated in income. So what the owners are doing is to try and generate as much income as possible for the club. If you don't like what the owners are doing then just walk away. Perhaps the fans can put pressure on the board to build the extension to the North Stand and increase the capacity of the club to 60,000+, as a way of keeping prices down.

All this complaining is doing no good, as we should be looking at the prices for what the other top 6 clubs are charging their fans. Let's face it Spurs are charging their fans almost £2,000 to sit in the same seats before they built their new stadium as compared to nearly half as much in the old ground. Arsenal having been paying nearly £2,000 for season tickets for nearly 3yrs now and they have only a couple of FA Cups to cheer.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/707720

it would seem the Premier League will now adjust foreign TV money to allow for league ranking from 19/20 (see earlier pages)

Currently, the foreign TV money is split equitably (while domestic TV deals have an equitable/merit split) and the proposal was to bring foreign money directly into line with domestic to move from a 1.6:1 ratio of earnings (now) to a 2:1 ratio, between top and bottom earners.

However this deal appears only to apply merit payments to foreign money above the current deal, creating a 1.81:1 split.

There we have it.

should be equal money. its just pure greed again and I think its wrong. we shouldnt forget where we have come from, but the board only really care about money....

You've got to do what you can to increase your advantage. Don't forget many clubs opted in favour of FFP as an attempt to stop us. We owe nobody nothing.
If we owe nobody nothing...

That's why Juventus get Diago Costa for £35m & Liverpool get Nabil Fakir for £55m

Top 6 may get more money but it's pissed out the window in 1 fine swoop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.