Top 6 mini league 18/19

Interestingly, only 4 of the 12 fixtures were home wins ( 4 home wins, 4 draws, 4 away wins). Maybe home advantage is not so important in these top 6 fixtures.
Or just that the best teams are yet to play their home fixtures.

City have Liverpool Arsenal Cheslea and Spurs to play at home
Liverpool have United Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs to play at home

I'd imagine that home wins will start to rack up for both of us when we play our home games against the others.

Updated

Arsenal 0-2 City
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
Rags 0-3 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 City
Chelsea 2-2 Rags
Spurs 0-1 City
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
City 3 - 1 Rags
Spurs 3 - 1 Chelsea
Rags 2 - 2 Arsenal
Arsenal 4 - 2 Spurs
Chelsea 2 - 0 City
Liverpool 3 - 1 Rags

Standings as follows

City - played 5, points 10
Liverpool - played 5, points 9
Chelsea - played 5, points 8
Spurs - played 5, points 6
Arsenal - played 5, points 5
Rags - played 5, points 2

Halfway through the mini-league mini season. We all know we have played four of our five games away from home, and it would surprise no-one if we won all four of our remaining home games. Likewise it would surprise no-one if we won at the swamp. Liverpool have got to come to Manchester twice. I can easily see one of the top teams picking up a point at Anfield, and I think we will beat them. Still, I think the mini league will end up being very close, and the league will be decided by how both teams fare against everyone else.

Updated

Arsenal 0-2 City
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
Rags 0-3 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 City
Chelsea 2-2 Rags
Spurs 0-1 City
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
City 3 - 1 Rags
Spurs 3 - 1 Chelsea
Rags 2 - 2 Arsenal
Arsenal 4 - 2 Spurs
Chelsea 2 - 0 City
Liverpool 3 - 1 Rags
Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal
City 2 - 1 Liverpool

Standings as follows

City - played 6, points 13
Liverpool - played 7, points 12
Arsenal - played 6, points 5

Only one thing to say about last night: we are better than them.

Updated

Arsenal 0-2 City
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
Rags 0-3 Spurs
Spurs 1-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 City
Chelsea 2-2 Rags
Spurs 0-1 City
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
City 3 - 1 Rags
Spurs 3 - 1 Chelsea
Rags 2 - 2 Arsenal
Arsenal 4 - 2 Spurs
Chelsea 2 - 0 City
Liverpool 3 - 1 Rags
Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal
City 2 - 1 Liverpool

Standings as follows

City - played 6, points 13
Liverpool - played 7, points 12
Arsenal - played 6, points 5

Only one thing to say about last night: we are better than them.
Chavs done not too bad against the top sides .

So Dippers have United away and Chelsea and Spuds at home whilst we have the same + Arsenal at home.

I thought the title would come down to whoever wins the mini league but now, not so sure. They don't really have any tricky away games left other than Utd (Brighton, West Ham, Everton, Fulham, Saints, Cardiff, Newcastle). We really need them to drop points in the three remaining 'top six' games and then some slip ups with teams outside the top 6 for good measure. We really cant afford to drop any other silly points. 97 point + will win it this season.

So Dippers have United away and Chelsea and Spuds at home whilst we have the same + Arsenal at home.

I thought the title would come down to whoever wins the mini league but now, not so sure. They don't really have any tricky away games left other than Utd (Brighton, West Ham, Everton, Fulham, Saints, Cardiff, Newcastle). We really need them to drop points in the three remaining 'top six' games and then some slip ups with teams outside the top 6 for good measure. We really cant afford to drop any other silly points. 97 point + will win it this season.

Those away games don’t look too hard do they! Maybe Brighton/West Ham on their day and the others fighting for relegation survival will help but I personally can’t see them dropping too many points there. The 3 bigger are more likely. We have to assume that we will need to win every game and take it one by one.

There are some odd games outside of top six who can take away precious points like LC and crystal palace did to us. They all tally up in the end .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.