Top 6 strongest starting 11?

MadchesterCity

Haalander; There can be only one, two, THREE!
Team supported
‘Rodri, Rodri, Rodri’ !!! PinchMe PinchMe PinchMe THREE was the magic number !!! CITY CITY CITY Manchester England Europe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49086586

Club record signings, a number of managerial changes and the introduction of video assistant referees (VAR) - the new Premier League season is almost upon us.

Will Manchester City become the first team since Manchester United in 2009 to win the title three years in a row?

City

Strongest starting 11 and squad in the league
I'm hoping if Sane goes we will see Jesus secure the wide left position and see Bernardo move central with KDB, hope to see Foden get much more game time.
Rodri to get over 95% possession in most matches and learn from the master in Fernandinho.
One concern would be loss of leadership with Kompany and who is to play alongside Laporte (Stones)
If we sign Cancelo and have Mendy fit potentially we have two of the scariest full backs on the planet.

Hopefully with VAR we will receive all the stone wall pens Sterling never gets, Aguero top scorer

Liverpool (Bus attacking vermin)

Benefitted greatly from refereeing decisions last season and huge concerns about advantage they will receive via VAR (no screens in ground, um wonder why)

Strong defensively and expect loads of assists from TAA and Robertson, VVD a rock in defence and strong organised midfield. Salah and Mane have been flogged hard with minimal rest; hence I suspect injuries to at least two of their core front three this season and this will really cost them.

Salah to profit from many penalties over the season from dubious decisions, less game time for Milner will mean he takes all the penalties and IF stays fit is my choice for golden boot

Arsenal

Deadly front 3 with Pepe, Lacazette and Aubameyang top scorer
Midfield looks strong defensively but defence looks to be biggest weakness, Tierney signing could significantly improve them

Spurs

Expecting a big season from Kane but believe we will see more business in transfer window hence difficult to predict best starting 11. Central midfield looks very strong, Ndombele will be good signing, a few key additions would help with possible squad depth (quality) issues.

United

I honestly struggle to know their best 11, I think OGS is the same, defence looks stronger with signings of Wan-Bissaka and Maguire.

A lot of unknowns with some of the youth players and where they will feature, personally hope they don't sell Lukaku, I think we will see another huge purchase of an attacking player before transfer window closes. Lot of hype about Greenwood and James (I'll have to admit was very impressed with what I have seen), can Sanchez really be this bad again this season after strong Copa America. So many unknowns

Chelsea

Lampard in charge, transfer ban, senior players in squad look much weaker than for many seasons, Hazard had been so central to Chelsea play that its difficult to judge how much of a Miss he will be.

Chelsea may become a better team; defensively and in central midfield I think they are very strong, look to be lacking cutting edge in a top striker and Pulisic who I expect will do well is a bit of an unknown. A transfer ban probably came at the right time from a blooding the youth perspective with lots of young talent; Hudson Odoi, Abraham, Mason Mount etc.

That's my prediction for top 6, saying that I expect Leicester could challenge for top 4, Wolves may struggle with European football and Everton will not live up to high expectations under Alonso and a strong finish to last season.

Relegation: Sheffield United Burnley Newcastle

POTY Salah
Young POTY TAA

Do the stoniest starting 11 and basic analysis seem fair, interested in other opinions.

Well that's my take on it haha

Last edited:
Not sure that Jesus or Rodri are in the strongest XI yet ........ Surely Fernandinho and David da Silva would be playing instead.

This David Silva's 10th season in the Premier League,surely you know by now that he has no da in his name. La.!!!
HA HA HA ...... I do, but it's a long running gag I have with my son. It's such a long established habit that sometimes I do it automatically without thinking. My apologies.

HA HA HA ...... I do, but it's a long running gag I have with my son. It's such a long established habit that sometimes I do it automatically without thinking. My apologies.

What are your xpectations for the season?

What are your xpectations for the season?
I'm expecting City to win the Prem more comfortably, possibly by about 6 points from the OBEAONs. Spurs will come a comfortable 3rd, and then Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd will battle for 4th,5th and 6th, with not a great deal between them.

With the signings that my team are making, I'm hopeful that we'll clinch 7th, and I'd love for us to win a Cup.

My approx predictions:
City 94 pts
OBEAONs 88pts
Spuds 80pts
Chelsea 72pts
Arsenal 71pts
Rags 70pts
Everton 60pts

I've got united to finish 7th but if they sign Paolo Dybala and Bruno Fernandes I genuinely think Solskjaer is capable of getting them into the top six.

I'm expecting City to win the Prem more comfortably, possibly by about 6 points from the OBEAONs. Spurs will come a comfortable 3rd, and then Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd will battle for 4th,5th and 6th, with not a great deal between them.

With the signings that my team are making, I'm hopeful that we'll clinch 7th, and I'd love for us to win a Cup.

My approx predictions:
City 94 pts
OBEAONs 88pts
Spuds 80pts
Chelsea 72pts
Arsenal 71pts
Rags 70pts
Everton 60pts
Ok, I give up.
OBEAONs??

Edit: It’s ok, I’ve got it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.