Top Man t-shirt sparks outrage

Hamann Pineapple

Have you seen this Topman ad ? Fuck me, talk about poor judgement

DYWeuj8W4AABzjl.jpg

https://m.topman.com/en/tmuk/produc...nce&storeId=12555&viewAllFlag=false&x=25&y=11

Supposedly about Bob Marley song but still, the scousers aren't happy

Separated this from the Liverpool thread, as I thought it merited a separate thread. The design probably is completely innocent, but I can’t believe no-one in the organisation saw the connotations at any point?

Call me cynical but I find it hard to believe someone thought "Im going to make a t-shirt about a song called 'what goes around' and make 90% of the design the year it was released".

Look like someone having a pop but Topshop haven’t picked up on it. It’s not good. Can understand people being upset. They might sell well in Turin.

Call me cynical but I find it hard to believe someone thought "Im going to make a t-shirt about a song called 'what goes around' and make 90% of the design the year it was released".

Must admit, the big fuck off “KARMA” on the sleeve doesn’t exactly help.

Does this make anyone think of the bbc's attack on Pete the Badge, in a similar fashion?
Rules and standards differ a lot. Most likely the designer had no idea at all with the person who okays stuff maybe just starting their job after moving from the USA. Very easy for this to get overlooked as a generic item of clothing. Without being sexist here hopefully, there is a chance if it went past a few quality control staff, if they were women then they are likely not to know about it. A 25yo female clothing designer for example is very unlikely to know the mistake they have made.

It’s a fucking terrible looking T shirt whether it has anything to do with Hillsborough or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.