Top towns for Boozers

Exeter Blue I am here

At this moment I’m out on the ale in Brighton, and I actually think it might be Britain’s greatest town in terms of the sheer number of small, top quality, boozers on offer. Rye’s terrific if sloping floors and Tudor timbers are your thing, and the pubs in the Holborn/Fleet Street area of London are amazing for history, but Brighton really is a banging day out when the sun shines. Any comparable recommendations up North?

At this moment I’m out on the ale in Brighton, and I actually think it might be Britain’s greatest town in terms of the sheer number of small, top quality, boozers on offer. Rye’s terrific if sloping floors and Tudor timbers are your thing, and the pubs in the Holborn/Fleet Street area of London are amazing for history, but Brighton really is a banging day out when the sun shines. Any comparable recommendations up North?

York. Loads of really decent small boozers abound.
See also Lincoln.

Must admit I do like Brighton. Is the Green Dragon still about?

Brighton is a good shout, as is York. Chester’s got a few gems, but some wanky pubs too.

I quite like small towns such as Hungerford, Henley-in-Arden and Lymington where all the boozers are on or near a single strip. Harborne in Birmingham is also good in that regard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.