Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

Yeah I'm not bothered about the fee. Of course it maybe could have been more but he's still gone either way.

By all accounts a good lad, so I wish him very well. Hopefully he can do the academy proud, as that would serve as a great advert for it.

He'll look pretty special if he manages to help fix the trainwreck of a team he's just joined.

He
Yeah I'm not bothered about the fee. Of course it maybe could have been more but he's still gone either way.

By all accounts a good lad, so I wish him very well. Hopefully he can do the academy proud, as that would serve as a great advert for it.

He'll look pretty special if he manages to help fix the trainwreck of a team he's just joined.
loves the club and there's never anything negative around him, so happy that the club sold him rather than another loan, especially how well he did last year. Plus, I heard we have a 20% sell on? Hope he has another blinder of a season.

Why can't we ever get decent fees for players, I think the last decent deal we did was Iheanacho for 25m, Otamendi wasn't bad for 14m, but that's it. 2m for Adarabioyo, fuck me that must've took some negotiating.

Why can't we ever get decent fees for players, I think the last decent deal we did was Iheanacho for 25m, Otamendi wasn't bad for 14m, but that's it. 2m for Adarabioyo, fuck me that must've took some negotiating.
You can only sell for a fee someone is prepared to pay. The reason we don't get high fees is two-fold. Firstly in general our best players don't want to leave and stay a long time. Secondly the exceptions run their contracts down and don't want to sign new deals.

Sane and Sancho are classic examples but even in these cases we got decent fees for them. Sancho was only 8M but his potential was all he had at the time, plus the sell on clause makes it a reasonable deal. In addition I am not sure Sancho necessarily has the right attitude to command a big fee

Sane to get close to 50M for a player who played little football for a year and only had one year left on his contract was good value.

People say look at what Liverpool got for Brewster. Difference being he is a forward and was being chased by several clubs and has a promising international youth level record

Nice trolling, think you'll catch many with that?

Well done Tosin on your move to a Premier league club, and well done City for not accepting more money from lower standard teams, my own view on Tosin is that he is better that Garcia but still 2 years away from the reliability we need, but going to a team that is going to get hammered by top class attackers week in week out might speed up his progress, just in time to say goodbye to Stones, especially if Dias hit the ground running
Who exactly were these lower standard teams and how much were they offering?

Ignore if you were being sarcastic ;)

We could sell many of our squad for more money than we paid if that was how we operated.The ones we do want rid of are those that will not play in the first team,or those we can significantly upgrade - 'deadwood'.

There is also the probably high wage our players receive......They will have to be factored into the cost.

Both of those reasons don't make for high fee's.

I believe he had one year left on his contract? Why wouldn’t he go for a fee of £2m? He’s an average championship player at best.

Selling him for £2m wasn’t the bad deal, giving him a £30,000 a week contract for someone who was no where near good enough for the first team was the bad deal here. The club have saved themselves £1.56m this season for a player that not many teams in the championship would touch permanently due to his high wages and a transfer fee on top of that whilst playing in front of empty stadiums every week.

The only clubs who would be able to do that are the ones who are heading straight back down - Fulham.

Looks like City wanted a buy back clause, but Adarabioyo refused it:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.