Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

Unsurprisingly, despite many expert posters who would be happy to have Tosin rotated as our 4th CB .....the only club in the rest of the world who were happy to pay,what the same experts describe as a stupidly low fee, are a championship side (On loan to the PL for one season) who had bid for any CB who could walk the last couple of weeks, and asked any supporter who had boots to turn up next game!

the usual argument is that he has not been given a chance. some were using the same argument for devante Cole a few years ago.
Good luck to him though

It does look like a ridiculous fee but we can only accept what others are willing to pay or keep a player who wants to leave and let him go for free at the end of the season.

For me, with a year left on his deal, he was worth £10m. So we've, if you like, lost 8 million, but we've got the deal done and made a loyal player (and local lad) happy.

With Garcia, we've lost about 8 million pounds in guaranteed cash, and another 6 or 7 million in add ons. But the club have clearly made the call that the message this sends out to clubs like Barca is more important. Also, Garcia is more likely to be used by Pep.

As much as I like Tosin, there is a big difference between a 23 year old who played a handful of games at City a 3 or 4 years ago, before a couple of loans in the championship, the latter of which was very successful. And a 20 year old who has played twice as many games for the club, is rated higher by Pep and is a full Spain international wanted by Barca.

Rightly or wrongly, that's how I see it.

How many would you take back as good enough for our side today?

We sold Savic, Denayer etc because they were not good enough for us at the time and showed no form to show they would be - Denayer could not even get into the teams he was loaned to (bar Celtic). If we had kept them they may not have got the games they have had to be able to develop to have the form they have today.
Savic definitely,his issues were mainly surrounding his home life which affected his form,he has developed into a good un and would have saved us plenty of heartache and cash had we stuck with him.

Denayer,Rekik,Mee,and now Tosin (even Boateng might have been handled better?) were never developed properly here - we werent patient enough and saw the cheque book as the best fix.

Hindsight perhaps,but all the above have carved out excellent careers for themselves.

the usual argument is that he has not been given a chance. some were using the same argument for devante Cole a few years ago.
Good luck to him though
There are others who people were saying should be given a chance....they weren't because they were never going to be good enough and disappeared through lower leagues......like Cole! ....and like many others I have no idea where he plays currently ;)
Ref money received, never mentioned on here, but....£10-12m for Angus Gunn, frankly rivals any fee the dippers have got for any of their cast offs ;)

There are others who people were saying should be given a chance....they weren't because they were never going to be good enough and disappeared through lower leagues......like Cole! ....and like many others I have no idea where he plays currently ;)
Ref money received, never mentioned on here, but....£10-12m for Angus Gunn, frankly rivals any fee the dippers have got for any of their cast offs ;)

The default position of many is that others do it better. It is seriously not so. The £200 million or so received for ex academy players is a clue.
I do believe a anti Spanish brigade is lurking, and wishing to raise its head. Mind you some people moan every time we get to Wembley.

Savic definitely,his issues were mainly surrounding his home life which affected his form,he has developed into a good un and would have saved us plenty of heartache and cash had we stuck with him.

Denayer,Rekik,Mee,and now Tosin (even Boateng might have been handled better?) were never developed properly here - we werent patient enough and saw the cheque book as the best fix.

Hindsight perhaps,but all the above have carved out excellent careers for themselves.

Mee plays for Burnley (it's even his partner that giants west ham/Leicester prefer) Rekik is at Berlin (had to google that) neither internationals, and Tosin will be in the championship next season (excellent career?)...Denayer is not a Lyon player other sides are falling over to buy!
Whilst you could debate Deneyer.... can you see why we didn't keep the others?

Should’ve took the money for Garcia and given his place to Toisin. He actually wants to play for the club unlike Garcia. I don’t subscribe to this crap that he’s been called up to the Spain squad so must he decent. He’s been gash in most games and incredibly slow for the PL.

Wonder if we had any offers before his loan to Blackburn surely we would have got more for him back then even though he did well at Blackburn after just because of his contract situation and Covid ok we could not predict the later but still

Should’ve took the money for Garcia and given his place to Toisin. He actually wants to play for the club unlike Garcia. I don’t subscribe to this crap that he’s been called up to the Spain squad so must he decent. He’s been gash in most games and incredibly slow for the PL.
I want to play for the club as well but it doesn’t mean I should.
Neither are good enough, that’s the long and short of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.