Tosin Adarabioyo

so basically no youngster has a chance then ?. there are barely any champions league level 18 year olds. if thats the case we should never have bought sterling or stones as they aren't world class yet.

Your logic is a little flawed mate.
At 18, 19 or 20 They will not be Champions league winners.But they must have the POTENTIAL to be good enough to play in such a side.
The club is now geared to achieve this.
Many good players will fall by the wayside. There are hundreds of players on the books now. They cannot all make it.
No offence meant.

thank you for respecting an opinion different than your own.

I am often wrong. Eric Dier for e.g.. An England International midfielder , first choice. Never seen him pass forward. Yet successive managers live him.

M Rashford . A straight line footballer.
No awareness. No first touch. Yet just voted best young footballer in Europe
2 players I don't date, but must be very good.

I hope you are correct with Todin.

It's not about whether people have an opinion on Tosin 'making it' it's the idea that someone such as yourself, or anyone, can look at him now & say 'nah he probably won't' .

The point is, it's far too early to have that opinion. He has to improve, yes. I could just say 'nah Diaz won't make it, he wastes too many opportunities'. If he doesn't improve, i'd be right. But how on earth can i assume he won't improve ? And why would i ?

If Tosin was an alcoholic, or dead slow, or thick, shit in the air, or ponced out of challenges, etc, then someone can pick up on that & see a potential future probem. But you can't pick out a kid who plays mostly reserve team football, who has pretty much every footballing attribute going for a cb, & decide he can't improve on a few faults, in the 3 years it will take for him to be the same age as John Stones, who still has loads of faults. if John Stones doesn't improve, he won't 'make it' at City. We are assuming he will.

You can't, Pep Guardiola can't, nobody can, assume Tosin can't solve any weaknesses in his game at barely19.

None of us know. We will only find out, as time moves on. All we know right now, is he has a bucketload of ability. What he, & we make of it, we have to wait & see.

It's not about whether people have an opinion on Tosin 'making it' it's the idea that someone such as yourself, or anyone, can look at him now & say 'nah he probably won't' .

The point is, it's far too early to have that opinion. He has to improve, yes. I could just say 'nah Diaz won't make it, he wastes too many opportunities'. If he doesn't improve, i'd be right. But how on earth can i assume he won't improve ? And why would i ?

If Tosin was an alcoholic, or dead slow, or thick, shit in the air, or ponced out of challenges, etc, then someone can pick up on that & see a potential future probem. But you can't pick out a kid who plays mostly reserve team football, who has pretty much every footballing attribute going for a cb, & decide he can't improve on a few faults, in the 3 years it will take for him to be the same age as John Stones, who still has loads of faults. if John Stones doesn't improve, he won't 'make it' at City. We are assuming he will.

You can't, Pep Guardiola can't, nobody can, assume Tosin can't solve any weaknesses in his game at barely19.

None of us know. We will only find out, as time moves on. All we know right now, is he has a bucketload of ability. What he, & we make of it, we have to wait & see.

I can agree with your excellent summary of his attributes.

The main reason I feel he will struggle is his bio mechanical efficiency, or cadence. This would need to improve drastically to succeed at the highest level. At present his stride length compensates mostly for this deficiency.
With the support of athletic coaches it can be improved to some extent.

I now realise you are the guardian of the eds forum and will not post anything you may construe as critical in the future.

I can agree with your excellent summary of his attributes.

The main reason I feel he will struggle is his bio mechanical efficiency, or cadence. This would need to improve drastically to succeed at the highest level. At present his stride length compensates mostly for this deficiency.
With the support of athletic coaches it can be improved to some extent.

I now realise you are the guardian of the eds forum and will not post anything you may construe as critical in the future.

Why would his biomechanical cadence need to improve drastically ?

So he can be like Steve Bruce ?

I have been shot down for my opinion.

I do not think he will have a long term future at City.

There are plenty others who I believe will make it.

I agree with you mate - primarily because his contract is up in the summer and he shows no sign of agreeing a new one.

His long term future lies elsewhere, I'm afraid - Spurs and Everton are supposedly interested. Which is - in my opinion - a shame for City, as he's a player of genuine promise who has come right the way up through the ranks at our Academy. A proper success story for the structure we have in place - rather than players like Kelechi and Aleix Garcia, who are both fantastic and far more complete players, but who in reality didn't really have much to do with our Academy.

We should be doing everything we can to tie him to a new contract and getting him first team minutes.

I genuinely think that he has all of the attributes to become a top CB. He reminds me a bit of Ledley King when he was younger.

He's still got some filling out to do as he's extremely scrawny. However, I'd argue that he is as good as any 18 year old CB in England and there aren't many greats that would've been much further ahead at his age.

We should be doing everything we can to tie him to a new contract and getting him first team minutes.

I genuinely think that he has all of the attributes to become a top CB. He reminds me a bit of Ledley King when he was younger.

He's still got some filling out to do as he's extremely scrawny. However, I'd argue that he is as good as any 18 year old CB in England and there aren't many greats that would've been much further ahead at his age.

Tragedy if that happens & he leaves.

But I wouldn't worry about it, as they will no doubt have figured out that his bio mechanical efficency is all out of whack.

I personally would give him a loan because he's not getting any luck here, especially with us already fucking up the EFL cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.