Tosin Adarabioyo

As for last night -

He made a few mistakes yesterday, but none were costly and he'll learn from it. He lost a runner late on and we nearly conceded, and he could have done more to get out and block Roberts' goal but he was very clearly injured at the time and nearly came off so you can't blame him.

On the other hand, the number of times his first touch was a pass, and a good pass at that, was really noticeable and it speeds up play so much compared to some of the senior players who take a touch and then look for a pass. A number of times he'd make a first time forward pass and then Gundogan would get it in open space and we were instantly going forwards dangerously. I think Pep will love seeing that, it shows he's got his head up and knows where the ball needs to go before he's received it.

Would like to see him again soon, and playing with Stones and Bravo. Maybe Watford, although physically not sure how he'd cope with Deeney so maybe not.

NO!

Come on lads, think about it. How many managers have their centre halves play like ours do? High line, constantly on the ball, carrying the ball forward, positional play, complex marking systems, multiple formations etc? None. Certainly none who would accept a 19 year old on loan, let alone a loan where he starts.

Xabi Alonso described working with Guardiola as a masters in football, and you want to send him back to primary school. The end goal is to make him the perfect defender for Pep, and he's going to learn how to be that 10x faster working with Pep and his staff every day then he will at some league 1 team.

Yes, match experience would help his development a lot, but it wouldn't necessarily be the right match experience to prepare him for us. A season of hoofing it long in the lower leagues isn't going to make him a better defender for us, just teach him bad habits. What he needs is more games for us, and Pep seems to want to play him but with everything else going on it's been hard to do.

Our situation at CB is not great and I'm sure there will be more opportunities for him.

Amen to that

Has anyone seen the picture of Tosin in a City shirt (Thomas Cook) doing the rounds on Facebook today?

If so, any idea which season it is from?

If it came down to it, I know which centre half i'd be playing to try and keep up with Vardy or Musa this weekend and it wouldn't be the fella who Hazard and Willian left for dead.

Our centre backs have been poor this year, deserves his chance to play imo. I'd rather see a 19 year old making mistakes and hopefully learning from them than a 30 something who's been doing the same old shit over and over again.

He did nothing v Celtic imo, to suggest he's ready for the first team. But he did plenty to show that he has loads we can work with.

And having watched the Chelsea game again, Otamendi's performance contains some of the worst cb play I've seen in all the years watching City. Utterly unforgivably bad.

Chucking a raw 19 year old in to solve it though ? Not for me.

Otamendi surely can't play that badly again (if he does we should boil him in oil & bury him in an unmarked grave) & Tosin just isn't used to the pace & movement of top flight football.

Imo he should be brought through this season in bits & bobs (the way the Pelle didn't do with Denayer & Co) & then see how he looks for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.