Tosin Adarabioyo

As others have said, you can't blame him. City need a new era. Out with the old, thanks for their efforts in our success, but time for a new era and hope for more consistency and dominance domestically as well as in Europe. Our squad has aged but not improved. Players are largely beyond their peak. We failed to bolster the likes of Aguero, Silva, Yaya and Kompany at times where we really could have hit the top levels in Europe. That's largely to do with FFP, but we also bought poorly.

Players like Tosin will be allowed to make mistakes by our fans more than players like Otamendi and Stones who cost the club a fortune. I'd take another year of inconsistency if our squad had a strong core bolstered by academy players. I think we all would.

I'd love City to win loads of trophies, but if it's a choice between a team full of players we've bought winning 10 trophies and one with lots of academy players winning 3... well I think I might prefer the latter! But that's just me!

It'd be a real shame to lose Adarabioyo, but I wouldn't blame him for looking to further his career elsewhere. Must've been frustrating for him seeing Kolarov and Sagna getting the nod ahead of him at centre half this season. Still hope we can persuade him to sign a new deal, but the longer it goes on the less likely it looks.

He should have been given games already Dom,we've been using a slow and cumbersome left back instead.
That's the worry, not getting game time when we are conceeding stupid goals nearly every game at the moment doesnt really tally with Peps glowing praise of the lad last summer. He obviously doesn't think he is ready for first team football. But you will never find out unless he plays. He played under MP against Chelsea in the Cup and to my mind played well along with several other academy lads, it was the likes of Kolorov and MDM that were mostly caught napping and let Chelsea in on goal. Ok MDM has left but Kolorov still gets picked regularly, presumably because he can still pick a good pass upfield despite looking like he has lead in his boots when running and is often caught out of position. I will be gutted if we blow another 30-50m on a cb without this lad getting a run out and him then leaving for a pittance. Fingers crossed the club will sort it out and this is just press storing things up.

Won't be the last one. We either ship out our promising talent on loan where they barely play or we just don't give them a chance when they're with us. I don't see that changing especially since Pep will get given another £250+ million to spend in the summer.

Depends on what happens really, by August, He and Stones might be our only defenders, in which case even if we bring in another, he's in a good spot.

I'd be surprised if either Otamendi or Kompany leave in the summer, the latter wouldn't be wanted by anyone with his wages, plus I guess he deserves another chance, being a captain and a generally nice lad and all that. And it's still only 3 options and maybe the addition of Kolarov, but you'd guess one of Laporte/Van Dijk/whoever will still come in and Tosin's chances will basically be over, sadly.

can't blame him, hes barely been given any game time, even with injuries. another talent looking to be leaving. for all the fanfare about pep giving youth a chance barely any of them have played. only in games that either mean nothing or we aren't bothered about. i.e. celtic, united in the cup. if tosin isn't given a proper chance, its been a monumental fuck up by pep and the club. he should be our future.

we can have all the best facilities and coaches in the world, but right now there is no path at all into the first team, we will spend 50m on players rather then give our own a chance. tosin is probably looking at everton thinking at least youth get a chance.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if either Otamendi or Kompany leave in the summer, the latter wouldn't be wanted by anyone with his wages, plus I guess he deserves another chance, being a captain and a generally nice lad and all that. And it's still only 3 options and maybe the addition of Kolarov, but you'd guess one of Laporte/Van Dijk/whoever will still come in and Tosin's chances will basically be over, sadly.

Kompany hasn't been fit for any length of time since 2014.

It's now 2017, and there's still no end in sight. If this next injury recovery doesn't stick then he'll have had 3 seasons, is that not long enough? I love Vinny but the idea of keeping him on in blind hope and it costing us Adarabioyo would be ridiculous. Throwing away the future in vain hope of holding onto the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.