Spurs’ new stadium

Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham are all away that weekend so there will be plenty of decent-sized football grounds in London not hosting other matches. MK Dons are also playing away (their stadium having been mentioned as a possibility, too). I don't see any excuse for not playing this game on the scheduled date as a Spurs home fixture.

Given the amount of dodgy decisions given against us playing Spurs in the last few years I think we should be awarded the three points and our fans reimbursed.

The whole deduct Spurs points (3, 6, 10 - take your pick) for this (admittedly mainly from Arsenal and Liverpool fans) is a bit desperate and unlikely particularly as the FA and the Premier League have been involved in the whole process.

My completely uninformed guess is the game will be postponed.

It's a ridiculous situation, but to my mind the game should go ahead at a neutral ground. Accrington Stanley or Stalybridge Celtic would be good.
Stick it in Lansdowne Road, would be good for the Irish blues :)

Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham are all away that weekend so there will be plenty of decent-sized football grounds in London not hosting other matches. MK Dons are also playing away (their stadium having been mentioned as a possibility, too). I don't see any excuse for not playing this game on the scheduled date as a Spurs home fixture.

I honestly can't see why it can't take place at the London Stadium on the scheduled date at the scheduled kick-off time. That would eradicate any issues for City fans who have already forked out for travel (and I daresay some Spurs fans don't live local to London so may have shelled out already too). It's also got a similar capacity to the new WHL so all their season ticket holders should be accomodated, plus they don't have to hold their nose about the prospect of playing it at the Emirates. It would also save pissing around with the fixture list.

It's a no-brainer really.

I honestly can't see why it can't take place at the London Stadium on the scheduled date at the scheduled kick-off time. That would eradicate any issues for City fans who have already forked out for travel (and I daresay some Spurs fans don't live local to London so may have shelled out already too). It's also got a similar capacity to the new WHL so all their season ticket holders should be accomodated, plus they don't have to hold their nose about the prospect of playing it at the Emirates. It would also save pissing around with the fixture list.

Agreed pal - posted same suggestion earlier - by far the best choices of options available

The whole deduct Spurs points (3, 6, 10 - take your pick) for this (admittedly mainly from Arsenal and Liverpool fans) is a bit desperate and unlikely particularly as the FA and the Premier League have been involved in the whole process.

My completely uninformed guess is the game will be postponed.

If the game is postponed Spurs should definitely be deducted points, other teams shouldn't suffer because of Spurs' mistakes. If they can't find a suitable venue then they really should forfeit.

Probably because the WHU fans will take serious umbrage and there'll be trouble at the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.