Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan

LoveCity said:
Dunno about Schalke, but I think Shakhtar could beat Spurs. Don't let their 6-0 loss to Arsenal mislead, they are a very good side who finished above Arsenal in their group (dooming Arsenal to Barcelona), beat Arsenal in the return fixture, and play well as a team.
No way. Even with alot of reserves we were better than them at their place and should have never lost that game. spurs are better than them and will beat them with ease<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 am --<br /><br />Lol at the guy arguing the likes of Ganso are leaps and ounds better than Wilshere. Even as an Arsenal fan I thought early on he was overhyped, but every now and then you have a special player coming through, and there’s no doubt in my mind he’s a world class talent(not world class player yet). Not only does he has amazing technique and vision, but he’s a true warrior. He never hides and drives our team forward at 19. he is a special player

gooney said:
Lol at the guy arguing the likes of Ganso are leaps and ounds better than Wilshere. Even as an Arsenal fan I thought early on he was overhyped, but every now and then you have a special player coming through, and there’s no doubt in my mind he’s a world class talent(not world class player yet). Not only does he has amazing technique and vision, but he’s a true warrior. He never hides and drives our team forward at 19. he is a special player

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qf0TGo45U[/youtube]

Yea my bad, Wilshire is clearly a better player.

Pigeonho said:
Don't really see how people are slating Spurs. When was the last time we had wingers bombing it down the wing, yet managed to play defensively too? When we park the bus we park a fucking aeroplane, like at Arsenal. That deserves a slating to be honest. You can't play people like Aaron Lennon and be mega defensive though. They were grinding, yes, but they also had breaks with the ball. We don't seem to do that even against teams when we should, so all in all credit to Spurs.

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't we scored more and conceded less than Spurs this year?

lool at using youtube, alot of those games are from playing against lower league teams in Brazil. Wilshere is doing it in the PL and CL at the age of 19 not looking out of his depth against a team like Barca. He has already proven more than Ganso.

Project said:
Pigeonho said:
Don't really see how people are slating Spurs. When was the last time we had wingers bombing it down the wing, yet managed to play defensively too? When we park the bus we park a fucking aeroplane, like at Arsenal. That deserves a slating to be honest. You can't play people like Aaron Lennon and be mega defensive though. They were grinding, yes, but they also had breaks with the ball. We don't seem to do that even against teams when we should, so all in all credit to Spurs.

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't we scored more and conceded less than Spurs this year?

certainly have, but we are not media darlings plus we are ruining football.

THFC6061 said:
Crouchinho said:
Not bad for a team with one of the worst defences in the league.

Spurs deserve to go through

6th best defence out of the 20 teams in the Premier League, but please don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Great performance by Spurs tonight.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, Harry Redknapp has just become the first English manager to lead a team into the UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals.

Maybe i am wrong but i seem to remember a certain Brian Clough
winning it twice
or maybe that dos`nt count as it was pre 1992

Isnt it funny?
The more I learn about the game, the more I watch players from around the world, the more qualified I become, the more people on here tell me that Im full of shit.

bluevengence said:
THFC6061 said:
6th best defence out of the 20 teams in the Premier League, but please don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Great performance by Spurs tonight.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, Harry Redknapp has just become the first English manager to lead a team into the UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals.

winning it twice

No, Brian Clough never won the UEFA Champions League.

He did win the European Champions Cup twice though.

A very different coimpetition in a very different era.

THFC6061 said:
bluevengence said:
winning it twice

no it isn't, it acknowledges it as the same trophy and essentially the same competition just with a different format, it accepts former winners as such therefore in no uncertain terms you are wrong.

THFC6061 said:
bluevengence said:
winning it twice

Dont make me laugh, hope you get Barca in the next round good luck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.