Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

5 minutes after the first, Tyler actually clarified that Laporte hadn’t been booked

Thought it very annoying too that they flashed the stats up twice in the first half saying that we'd had no shots on target, but, very clearly Sterling and Foden were both denied by very lucky deflections.
That + the 'ghost' booking for Laporte - makes you doubt any of the bloody stats they put up.

The narrative of Laporte not getting carded for his first foul shouldn't even have existed in the first place. When the half-dozen Spuds players surrounded the referee (thought that wasn't supposed to be allowed anymore by the way) you could clearly see him point to where the foul on Foden by Reguillon had occured and say something along the lines of "that's one each". Totally ignored by the media again. Muppets!

I enjoyed the match thoroughly from first kick to last and my enjoyment was increased massively by the sound of some genuine football fans instead of that dreadful canned noise piped through. And our lads put on a real show for the crowd dominating the match for the whole 90 minutes, playing some excellent football with Foden and Mahrez giving superb displays. The Spurs fans must feel an awful sense of anti-climax because they were involved in a Wembley final, a real football occasion, and they never got into the game. But I'm not entertaining any of this rubbish that they were useless or embarrassing - they never got into the game because our lads never let them in. Why do so many of our own fans fail to see that we have - at the very least - one of the best teams ever and yet only seem to win trophies because we play teams which are no good? We won deservedly yesterday because Spurs were not - and are not on other days - anywhere near as good as our lads.
I'm always more critical of City, & less likely to be impressed during a match because of the pressure to win. Everything is amplified. A stray pass. A silly foul in a dangerous area. A foul risking a red. Missed chances, even if it's as a result of a blatantly good save. Wanting City to win so badly does this to me.

However, last week I watched a rerun of the 2011/2012 El Classico in Madrid with Barca sporting Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Villa, Alves, Puyol etc.... I could immediately see Pep's Barca DNA in the way we played. When I applied my expected City levels of excellence to that legendary Barca team, I'd say this City team is easily on a par, if not better (Notwithstanding Messi).

It's a big claim, but I think we all tend to underate City, always fearing the worse, which is understandable. But looking back at the match without pressure, we completely outplayed Spuds in the first half, & them upping the tempo in the second half, merely gave us more space to play in & allowed us to counter attack at pace.

I wondered how we'd ever replace Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Fernandinho. Yesterday's win proved how. Not so much with better, but with different & just as special in their own way. We're better than we give ourselves credit for.

How come when I go to the Manc Evening News website, City's phenomenal cup victory is hidden away in the sports section. Surely it's more important news than some remark made by Andy Burnham, which made the headlines. Even the following morning you have to search hard to find anything.

Thought it very annoying too that they flashed the stats up twice in the first half saying that we'd had no shots on target, but, very clearly Sterling and Foden were both denied by very lucky deflections.
That + the 'ghost' booking for Laporte - makes you doubt any of the bloody stats they put up.
Spot on I noticed that about the on target stat. After that I was more aware of our chances. Looks like for us the keeper has to save it to be acknowledged. For the opposition anything less than a meter wide could have won them the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.