Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

Live football at the ground is the only way to watch football, you don't have to listen to the crap given out by the biased commentators on the TV, you meet so many friends who support the same team, shout, sing, jump, watch out over the whole spectacle, you see the emotion, feel the tension, the noise, after yesterday at Wembley I cannot wait to go back to another live game, it was so good you do forget just how good it really is, bollox to TV with all the crap comments, the sooner we all get back the better.
Spot-on. I have never watched City on TV so much and I hate it. Neville and Tyler just suck the enjoyment out of things. It is crap compared to being in the stadium, especially watching the total football we produce. You can't appreciate it properly on TV because of the amount of runs happening off the ball.
The football being produced by City at the moment is the best ever produced in this country. It really is "the beautiful game." You need to see the full landscape and taste the atmosphere. It's disgusting that so many media people are given a privileged position to watch the match and they abuse it with their poisonous political comments. If they dislike watching City so much they should find another career.

Spot-on. I have never watched City on TV so much and I hate it. Neville and Tyler just suck the enjoyment out of things. It is crap compared to being in the stadium, especially watching the total football we produce. You can't appreciate it properly on TV because of the amount of runs happening off the ball.
The football being produced by City at the moment is the best ever produced in this country. It really is "the beautiful game." You need to see the full landscape and taste the atmosphere. It's disgusting that so many media people are given a privileged position to watch the match and they abuse it with their poisonous political comments. If they dislike watching City so much they should find another career.
I just mute it now.

Spurs were very lucky not to concede a veritable hatful. Yet they only conceded one is testament to Spurs excellent last ditch defending, Lloris's keeping and City's expert work at smacking a cow's backside with a banjo.
Champions league? Nah not without someone like Haaland.

I'm always more critical of City, & less likely to be impressed during a match because of the pressure to win. Everything is amplified. A stray pass. A silly foul in a dangerous area. A foul risking a red. Missed chances, even if it's as a result of a blatantly good save. Wanting City to win so badly does this to me.

However, last week I watched a rerun of the 2011/2012 El Classico in Madrid with Barca sporting Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Villa, Alves, Puyol etc.... I could immediately see Pep's Barca DNA in the way we played. When I applied my expected City levels of excellence to that legendary Barca team, I'd say this City team is easily on a par, if not better (Notwithstanding Messi).

It's a big claim, but I think we all tend to underate City, always fearing the worse, which is understandable. But looking back at the match without pressure, we completely outplayed Spuds in the first half, & them upping the tempo in the second half, merely gave us more space to play in & allowed us to counter attack at pace.

I wondered how we'd ever replace Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Fernandinho. Yesterday's win proved how. Not so much with better, but with different & just as special in their own way. We're better than we give ourselves credit for.
Very good post. I'm traditionally a bag nerves watching City and one of my grandsons takes the mick out of me endlessly for my leg and arm movements as I try to help the ball into the net or celebrate a goal we nearly scored but not quite and he finds the celebrations cut short in my throat excellent opportunities for imitation and banter. But yesterday there were remarkably few of these involuntary gestures - I was never nervous and the team never gave me any cause to be. A brilliant team performance and NOT against a poor team. All created and organised by a football genius.

Very good post. I'm traditionally a bag nerves watching City and one of my grandsons takes the mick out of me endlessly for my leg and arm movements as I try to help the ball into the net or celebrate a goal we nearly scored but not quite and he finds the celebrations cut short in my throat excellent opportunities for imitation and banter. But yesterday there were remarkably few of these involuntary gestures - I was never nervous and the team never gave me any cause to be. A brilliant team performance and NOT against a poor team. All created and organised by a football genius.
I was also less nervous yesterday especially compared to the Dortmund second leg, even that I wasn't that nervous

This Team is some team

I thought the ref handled both players perfectly well. I hate it when cards just get hammered out by refs. He let both players have one, had a word with them, then booked them for doing it again.

Good reffing, nothing terrible from the players. Should be case closed, the media have been arseholes about it and Micah had the chance to say all this and didn’t really bother, especially at half time when he said Laporte should have gone.
I thought the first Laporte one was a very simple foul in the middle of the park, but it didn't look like there was much of a counter on, there was loads of covering defenders, and there wasn't much support. I assumed the instant yellow was for more cynical breaking up play fouls. That is how I assume the ref saw it, I wouldn't have complained loads if it had been given but then again the second foul wouldn't have happened if it had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.