Spurs’ new stadium

I do have some sympathy for City fans who suffered as a result the fixture being moved. However, I doubt Levy gave it much thought. He is only interested in the big stuff. He pays people to deal with this sort of thing and if there is a problem he expects them to make it go away. And, in reality this has gone away.

Actually, JPBB, I have to disagree with you on this. For all that Levy does look at the big picture, he also very much has an eye for detail.Nothing escapes him.

I suspect that he gave the issue of compensation at least some thought and that he concluded that to offer compensation would open a huge can of worms that could end up costing the club a lot of money - not just with regard to this case but for previous issues too and any that might occur in the future. He will not have wanted to set a precedent. He might well have weighed up the pros and cons and decided that, on balance, doing nothing was the least bad option.

Obviously, though, that doesn't help the fans of either club that ended up out of pocket and greatly inconvenienced. And I fully understand their anger. I wonder whether Levy couldn't at least have made some kind of gesture 'without prejudice'.

Might be Spurs, afterall the roof is leaking

Yep, they've discovered a leak in the roof. Very hard to identify in the first instance until the roof is tested by heavy rain. Very easy to fix now that it has been identified.

I looked at pic of the roof yesterday on official pic.

Is it an illusion as the roof doesn't seem to afford

that much,protection from rain?

They're shutters made from grey steel, how else would you describe them?

I wouldn't call them shutters for starters. They are perforated panels. But that's not the point. Your post sneered at the use of the perforated metal panels on the new WHL while lauding the use of PTFE plastic panels on the Allianz Arena, as if the latter are inherently superior and that you are the sole arbiter of such.

Perhaps that wasn't your intention but it was certainly the way you came across!

I looked at pic of the roof yesterday on official pic.

Is it an illusion as the roof doesn't seem to afford

that much,protection from rain?

The roof covers all the seats but, in any open stadium, it is inevitable that depending on wind direction, those in the front however many rows will get wet. No way of avoiding it. The best that can be done in that respect is to have a roof that slopes down - as at the Emirates or Old Trafford - but that has the far worse (IMO) consequence of blocking from view large sections of the remainder of the stadium for those in the upper tiers.

Actually, JPBB, I have to disagree with you on this. For all that Levy does look at the big picture, he also very much has an eye for detail.Nothing escapes him.

I suspect that he gave the issue of compensation at least some thought and that he concluded that to offer compensation would open a huge can of worms that could end up costing the club a lot of money - not just with regard to this case but for previous issues too and any that might occur in the future. He will not have wanted to set a precedent. He might well have weighed up the pros and cons and decided that, on balance, doing nothing was the least bad option.

Obviously, though, that doesn't help the fans of either club that ended up out of pocket and greatly inconvenienced. And I fully understand their anger. I wonder whether Levy couldn't at least have made some kind of gesture 'without prejudice'.

Jim, for a long time, I have thought that you are indeed Daniel Levy himself. So I defer to you on this.

Announced staring at Wembley for next two months. They should stop taking the piss and keep Wembley for rest of season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.