Spurs’ new stadium

Nice Ad hominem there @JimB. You were complaining about such things just last week.

Argumentum ad hominem is a fallacious device to undermine an argument without reference to the actual argument.

gingerprince didn't offer an argument so, by definition, light-heartedly referring to him as a stalker cannot be argumentum ad hominem.

With regard to announcing a date for the first game at the new stadium, one further complication is the continued involvement of both Crystal Palace and Brighton in the FA Cup. Home games against those clubs are scheduled for the quarter final and semi final weekends respectively. So Spurs obviously can't guarantee those dates either. With specific reference to the Brighton game, there does appear to be some hope now that remedial work and testing will be complete by then and that the relevant certificates will have been received. In which case, there would be no fixture clash regardless of whether or not Brighton are still in the cup.
You should be hoping Brighton stay in the cup. That way your game against them gets rearranged due to FA Cup commitments, rather than due to Spurs not having a stadium to play the game in.

You should be hoping Brighton stay in the cup. That way your game against them gets rearranged due to FA Cup commitments, rather than due to Spurs not having a stadium to play the game in.
So if Brighton are out are spurs in serious shit? Of course not the fucking sham will be allowed to continue. Their tenancy expired at Wembley and the fa should have the balls to kick the swatting scum out and let spurs deal with repercussions from the league/tv etc

So if Brighton are out are spurs in serious shit? Of course not the fucking sham will be allowed to continue. Their tenancy expired at Wembley and the fa should have the balls to kick the swatting scum out and let spurs deal with repercussions from the league/tv etc
Why would the FA do that when they are making money from Spurs continuing to play at Wembley?
The FA will stage both semi-finals at Wembley and take the rent whenever the PL ask Sours to play Brighton.

Why so bothered about it?

Why so bothered about it?

I think it's to do with the fact that we know had it been us (and others) in such a situation, the FA would have been down on us like a ton of bricks. Fined to the hilt at every missed deadline, and there would be live crucifixions via the meeja etc.

I think it's to do with the fact that we know had it been us (and others) in such a situation, the FA would have been down on us like a ton of bricks. Fined to the hilt at every missed deadline, and there would be live crucifixions via the meeja etc.

I genuinely don't believe that City's treatment would have been much, if any, different.

More generally, apologies for pointing out what strikes me when reading numerous posts on Bluemoon but there is something of a persecution mentality creeping in to City fans' psyche. Reminiscent of Liverpool. It's not my intention to come on to another team's board and be critical but I just think that it's something that you guys should guard against. I get that you're defensive. Quite understandable. But when people start imagining persecution in every little thing or any hypothetical outcome, it goes too far and invites ridicule.

I dunno. What do you guys think about it? Do you not agree that this kind of thinking needs nipping in the bud? Probably a discussion for another thread, to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.