Spurs’ new stadium

Nope.

For starters, Spurs always report bums on seats rather than tickets sold (unlike Arsenal). More pertinently, though, no tickets (including season tickets) sold for the new stadium this season are valid until the new stadium opens. So even season ticket holders have to apply for every game at Wembley - though they do, obviously, have a priority window during which to secure their tickets.
Ah, fair enough. Too used to the rags declaring 74k at the swamp with the place a third full :)

Nope.

For starters, Spurs always report bums on seats rather than tickets sold (unlike Arsenal). More pertinently, though, no tickets (including season tickets) sold for the new stadium this season are valid until the new stadium opens. So even season ticket holders have to apply for every game at Wembley - though they do, obviously, have a priority window during which to secure their tickets.

I thought clubs were compelled to report attendances based on tickets sold?

I thought clubs were compelled to report attendances based on tickets sold?

Not that I know of. Though it would make sense, I guess, if the PL demands that clubs document both tickets sold and actual attendance rather than just one or the other.

Not that I know of. Though it would make sense, I guess, if the PL demands that clubs document both tickets sold and actual attendance rather than just one or the other.

Don't sweat it, some posters are just dishing out the sort of shit we get week in, week out even when the game's a sell-out.

Fair play to any match-goer, anywhere, in my book

I've got no evidence to tell you otherwise, I was just under the impression that was how all were meant to do it. I could well be wrong, but anyone who does know either way would be welcome.

I've got no evidence to tell you otherwise, I was just under the impression that was how all were meant to do it. I could well be wrong, but anyone who does know either way would be welcome.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878

This suggests that
1. It's the choice of the club concerned.
2. Spurs could be reporting tickets sold not bums on seats.
3. The rags have obviously got GMP in their pockets when it comes to PR.

One embarrassing attendance. Even this season, the majority have still been over 55K.

And I'm sure that you're fully aware that there is a specific reason for the dip in attendances - namely the continued use of Wembley. Spurs fans have had enough of it. It's an awful place to watch football for anything other than a one off game. Not to mention that Spurs fans are probably being asked to pay the highest average prices in world football, with tickets for similar seats (but far worse views) costing what they would have at the new stadium had it been in use. So, much as City fans have turned their back on the Champions League in their droves because of their dissatisfaction with UEFA, so Spurs fans have turned their backs on Wembley in their droves.

And much as City fans always return in their droves for Premier League games, so Spurs fans will return in their droves once the new stadium opens. Simple as that.
Dont make the prices an excuse when I went down the other week level 3 tickets were £45 and I think they were the same for liverpool and chelsea.wembley is a tube ride away from anywhere 55k and 33k for a team in the top 4 is crap however you dress it up .

Dont make the prices an excuse when I went down the other week level 3 tickets were £45 and I think they were the same for liverpool and chelsea.wembley is a tube ride away from anywhere 55k and 33k for a team in the top 4 is crap however you dress it up .
I don’t agree.

Spurs have had some incredible attendances at Wembley but wouldn’t blame them if they boycotted a game at Wembley one week and had an attendance of ‘0’ because it’s not their ground and they’ve had to play away from home for a long time now.

Fair play to the 33012 for putting up with it, I say.

You think £45 is cheap? Remember that this is £45 for the cheapest seats, where no one really wants to sit - seats that are quarter of a mile away from the pitch.*

Besides, ticket prices are merely a supplemental point. The main issue is simply that Wembley is a soulless and soul destroying place to watch football on a regular basis. Fans are refusing to go any more. They were promised something else; something much better. They were happy to pay a premium for it. Now they are being asked to pay the same premium for the inferior stadium experience that they tolerated last season. It's little wonder that they are consequently picking and choosing. Once Spurs move into the new stadium, demand for tickets will return to normal levels.

* Ahem - possibly a slight exaggeration but, if you've sat towards the top of the third tier at Wembley, you know what I mean!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.