Spurs’ new stadium

Is that possible? If the rags are at home that weekend then it'd be a no go wouldn't it?
If the PL, Sky and Spurs throw enough money at it the police will agree I reckon. Its better for City than the alternative of postponing a fixture..

The FA/PL should have told them in the first place that if the stadium wasn't ready for the end of August they had to play all home league games at Wembley then when the stadium was ready they could play any home Cup/CL ties at the new place. Just the usual incompetent farce from the authorities.

Bet levy was expecting some bids in for there players can see them selling one there big players that stadium will be a big hindrance over the next 10 years at Least but they had to have a new stadium and it one hell of a stadium.

You mean when fatalities on construction projects were routine, DE?
I remember watching a very graphic TV production called "the lump", set in the, I think, early 70s, about the way sub contractors were treated by contractors in those days, with the ending being a trench collapsing and a guy killed. It got so bad that a general building industry strike ensued (not because of the programme), the "Shrewsbury two" were jailed, and legislation brought in to regularise working relationships/payments/ tax treatments/H & S, etc.
Fast forward 40 odd years, and you can't move for H&S legislation in the industry. Both contractors and subcontractors are snowed under with paperwork, and need extra staff to cope with it. Has the pendulum swung too far the other way? There are still fatalities in the industry, but the workers now have better recourse to the law if things go wrong.

(For the last 6 years of my Revenue career, I worked on Employer Compliance in a construction team dealing with the major players in the industry. I learned and heard a lot of stories from people now in very senior management positions about the "old days" and how bad it was. They also bemoan the added legislation brought in since then, particularly H&S, as it adds to the non-building costs they have to pay for, but none would go back to those days.)

Spurs and their ground shenanigans are becoming a joke. I mean no fines, no comebacks for them pissing everyone around?
It’s a huge construction project. They are almost all always behind schedule and over budget.

Spurs have no blame in any of this. Levy isn’t the one on the crane and Pochetinno isn’t driving the haulage ship over with the seats in containers.

And it’s ceetainly not Spurs’ fault that the ground failed a Systems Test last week which could put it back to November or even December before it opens.

The only thing that Spurs could have done differently is sorted a new ground out three years previously before all the EU voting shite was happening, that might have saved them a few bob.

It’s a huge construction project. They are almost all always behind schedule and over budget.

Spurs have no blame in any of this. Levy isn’t the one on the crane and Pochetinno isn’t driving the haulage ship over with the seats in containers.

And it’s ceetainly not Spurs’ fault that the ground failed a Systems Test last week which could put it back to November or even December before it opens.

The only thing that Spurs could have done differently is sorted a new ground out three years previously before all the EU voting shite was happening, that might have saved them a few bob.
Who chose the construction company?

You dont have to drive the crane to be responsible, jeez, Spurs have requested this, drawn up the plans and timescales and not hammered the constructors enough to get it done on time, (Or hired the right firm, or planned with enough time, or brought in extra contractors at extra cost, or whatever) they are responsible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.