Tour de France 2019

Yeah, not an easy decision is it?! I will say that I do like the itv 1 hour highlights shows. This new “Brad Wiggins on a motorcycle” is going to be novel!
I like the 1 hour highlights programme on ITV 4. The only problem is that I have to avoid Facebook and Twatter until I've seen the show to avoid seeing the results. I even unfriend one pal for 3 weeks as he gives updates all the time!

I like the 1 hour highlights programme on ITV 4. The only problem is that I have to avoid Facebook and Twatter until I've seen the show to avoid seeing the results. I even unfriend one pal for 3 weeks as he gives updates all the time!

I know the feeling bud!

Last 2 days have been ok but no more in terms of interest.
Certainly yesterday had those sections from Flanders early on, and an incident packed final few km. I was surprised how seriously Greg Van A wanted that first polka dot jersey.
Today was a bit meh - let’s put it this way, glad I watched it on playback with the 30x ff feature employed liberally.
Tomorrow feels like another start for the whole race, as they enter France and we get a stage with a few cat 3 climbs towards the end.

usual first stage shenanigans yesterday, great finish mind, for those thinking of watching live today Ineos are first off in the TTT
Ineos did ok when going first. If things were reversed would they have won ? Ineos are there as usual for the overall win and there are some bloody hard climbs to come.

G loses valuable seconds on Bernal on what was a quick bit of 8%. Hmmm, a sign of things to come? If it is, Bernal's gonna cruise this.

Think G might ride into the tour so won’t scrub him off just yet, Alaphilippe is some rider
Absolutely, on both counts. This Tour is wide open. I was gutted with Bardet's TTT yesterday; would love a French rider to win it. Alaphilippe is a truly fantastic rider but he's not a grand tour winner. Bardet though, he'll rue that TTT.

Ineos did ok when going first. If things were reversed would they have won ? Ineos are there as usual for the overall win and there are some bloody hard climbs to come.

Couldn't see Ineos' beating the Jumbo team on that course. Wout Van Aert and Tony Martin are massive engines. I cannot see a 20s gap being down to order of racing (unless the weather changed significantly). Jumbo are being linked to Dumolin and they have van Emden too (he is not at the TDF). Put those two in the squad and their TT will be incredibly fast.

Absolutely, on both counts. This Tour is wide open. I was gutted with Bardet's TTT yesterday; would love a French rider to win it. Alaphilippe is a truly fantastic rider but he's not a grand tour winner. Bardet though, he'll rue that TTT.

Well ASO have done their best to produce courses favourable to Bardet. I have no sympathy for him as he clearly doesn't work enough at being an allround rider.

I too think Alaphilippe is such a fantastic racer. However, not sure I like to see him descending while sat on the top tube riding on a bumpy surface and looking behind at the same time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.