Tour de France 2020

Jacob Smith

Team INEOS (to be known as the INEOS Bombardiers for Le Tour) have today announced their squad for the re-arranged Tour starting on the 29th of this month excluding four-time winner Froome and 2018 winner Thomas. Not a huge surprise given their lack of form in the short period of racing post-lockdown with Bernal now being the clear leader having won the race last year.

Jumbo-Visma have looked very strong this month and Roglic is the favourite to take the GC with a very strong team behind him.

Anyone else going to be following this year?

Team INEOS (to be known as the INEOS Bombardiers for Le Tour) have today announced their squad for the re-arranged Tour starting on the 29th of this month excluding four-time winner Froome and 2018 winner Thomas. Not a huge surprise given their lack of form in the short period of racing post-lockdown with Bernal now being the clear leader having won the race last year.

Jumbo-Visma have looked very strong this month and Roglic is the favourite to take the GC with a very strong team behind him.

Will be interesting to see how The Tour manage the spectators in this Covid climate.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

It'll be interesting to see how the riders have coped with their training, and what their form is like going in to this years Tour.

Not seen Brailsford's interview but apparently makes sense as to why they've done it this way. G lined up as lead for the Giro and Froome for La Vuelta. Both haven't fully got up to the fitness levels needed.

Be following it avidly, though don’t think I’ll buy the now out of date magazine I normally do.
Carapaz is the man for me. His form this season, pre crash anyway, was really promising, and looking at LJV, the only way Ineos could hope you compete would be to bring him in, so it’s a really sensible plan they’ve announced today imho. Giving G a crack at the Giro, with its 3 time trails makes perfect sense too - after all, he’s already won the Tour!
Talking of LJV, looking at what their riders are doing so far this season, if that was Ineos, the innuendo rumour mill would have gone into overdrive already. It does seem to be one set of standards for Sky/Ineos and another for any other team that becomes dominant.
On the Tour itself, it has been interesting to see the crowds on the popular slopes on Il Lombardia and the Dauphine - not much different to normal, and a real lack of social distancing or masks!

Yeah looking forward to it. Still working from home so should be able to see a reasonable amount of it live too.

It's so unpredictable this year. I would not rely too much on form in the last few weeks. Riders are on different paths and programmes.

I would like Ineos to win but a few things make me doubt it:
  • Although the TDf route is better for him than this year's Giro, Carapaz was building towards top form for October (Giro). I would have thought Amador, who will be key in the mountains, would have been aiming for the Giro too
  • Nicolas Portal no longer leading from the team car
  • Ineos appear more vulnerable than before. Previously, SKY/Ineos scared the opposition
  • Jumbo are very strong. Even their fifth strongest rider (Kuss) has been dropping GC leaders on hills and won a stage at the CdD

Im going with Alaphillipe to win it this year.

Cant wait, greatest sporting event in the world without exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.