Tour de France 2020

Im going with Alaphillipe to win it this year.

Cant wait, greatest sporting event in the world without exception.
That’s a brave shout - he’d definitely be a popular winner and I guess of all years this could be the year a “wild card” but I think my money’s on Roglic. Only question mark with him/TJV for me is can they do it for three weeks?

That’s a brave shout - he’d definitely be a popular winner and I guess of all years this could be the year a “wild card” but I think my money’s on Roglic. Only question mark with him/TJV for me is can they do it for three weeks?

He was magnificent last year, a brilliant watch and even my cold heart felt for him. I just feel they have gone with a route that will really suit his aggressive style and he looks in form and one year, they will get their French winner.

Ineos are now on the rebuild and much will depend on how they miss Froomy and G along with Bernal and his own fitness worries re his back but i don't think other teams fear them anymore and rightly so.

Roglic is a hell of a rider but as you say, can he do it for 3 weeks but then id ask that of my tip as well.

All keep well, all keep safe and for the first ever year im my own boss and can watch every single minute of it, cant fucking wait.

He was magnificent last year, a brilliant watch and even my cold heart felt for him. I just feel they have gone with a route that will really suit his aggressive style and he looks in form and one year, they will get their French winner.

Ineos are now on the rebuild and much will depend on how they miss Froomy and G along with Bernal and his own fitness worries re his back but i don't think other teams fear them anymore and rightly so.

Roglic is a hell of a rider but as you say, can he do it for 3 weeks but then id ask that of my tip as well.

All keep well, all keep safe and for the first ever year im my own boss and can watch every single minute of it, cant fucking wait.

I love it too. Nothing better than going out for your own bike ride I’m the morning, then coming back, closing the curtains, putting your feet up for a few hours indulgence. Some years I’ve tried to drink my way along the route getting in wine or beer from the region the race is in, along with some nice cheeses and bread whilst I’m watching it.
Like you, I can’t wait pal.

I love it too. Nothing better than going out for your own bike ride I’m the morning, then coming back, closing the curtains, putting your feet up for a few hours indulgence. Some years I’ve tried to drink my way along the route getting in wine or beer from the region the race is in, along with some nice cheeses and bread whilst I’m watching it.
Like you, I can’t wait pal.

Its way too windy up here this morning so i did 30 miles on the indoor trainer this morning, did some work and then popped Eurosport on ;-)

Be following it avidly, though don’t think I’ll buy the now out of date magazine I normally do.
Carapaz is the man for me. His form this season, pre crash anyway, was really promising, and looking at LJV, the only way Ineos could hope you compete would be to bring him in, so it’s a really sensible plan they’ve announced today imho. Giving G a crack at the Giro, with its 3 time trails makes perfect sense too - after all, he’s already won the Tour!
Talking of LJV, looking at what their riders are doing so far this season, if that was Ineos, the innuendo rumour mill would have gone into overdrive already. It does seem to be one set of standards for Sky/Ineos and another for any other team that becomes dominant.
On the Tour itself, it has been interesting to see the crowds on the popular slopes on Il Lombardia and the Dauphine - not much different to normal, and a real lack of social distancing or masks!

My mate, who follows a damn sight more than I do, reckons Carapaz could be the dark horse. Ineos will no doubt have a look at the stats after 2 weeks then either support Bernal or Carapaz.

My mate, who follows a damn sight more than I do, reckons Carapaz could be the dark horse. Ineos will no doubt have a look at the stats after 2 weeks then either support Bernal or Carapaz.

Yep, I think your mate has a point tbh. Mind you, LJV have a seemingly unbelievable range of talent available too.

Overall looks a bit harder to call this year in theory. Hopefully its close until the end again.

Looking forward to seeing how Sam Bennett gets on in the sprint stages too.

It’s all kicking off from the start today, 58km/hour.
Sagan wants this intermediate sprint. Yesterday was eventful but today’s stage should be an epic one :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.