Tour de France 2020

Ive backed alaphilippe and carapaz each way, I fear roglic but as blueinsa mentioned, alaphilippe lot the race up last year but ran out of steam, hopefully he paces the race better.

Chapeau Alaphillipe.

Fucking incredible rider, balls out every single time and i love watching the man ride, he is blockbuster.

Chapeau Alaphillipe.

Fucking incredible rider, balls out every single time and i love watching the man ride, he is blockbuster.

Seconded, really pleased for him.
What was interesting is that after Tom D crashed JV who had been in control basically dissolved to go back & support him. We will never know, but I do wonder if the final would have played out the same if that hadn’t happened. I still think they will exert a daily stranglehold on the race overall.

Great ride, really hope he does it this year

Hope not. If he did win it, I doubt he will be winning it clean. Last year everything went his way, the field was weakest for years and he was not a marked man. Yet he finished four minutes off Bernal, If the stages in the alps had been completed, I doubt he would could well have been 6 minutes off.

That stage was perfect for him today, without a doubt. Surprised the peloton let him go 4km from the summit today. It's not as if it was a savage attack. It only took a few seconds for Adam Yates to catch him.

Hope not. If he did win it, I doubt he will be winning it clean. Last year everything went his way, the field was weakest for years and he was not a marked man. Yet he finished four minutes off Bernal, If the stages in the alps had been completed, I doubt he would could well have been 6 minutes off.

That stage was perfect for him today, without a doubt. Surprised the peloton let him go 4km from the summit today. It's not as if it was a savage attack. It only took a few seconds for Adam Yates to catch him.
I just like watching him ride, I foresee the same outcome as last year tbh

Team INEOS (to be known as the INEOS Bombardiers for Le Tour) have today announced their squad for the re-arranged Tour starting on the 29th of this month excluding four-time winner Froome and 2018 winner Thomas. Not a huge surprise given their lack of form in the short period of racing post-lockdown with Bernal now being the clear leader having won the race last year.

Jumbo-Visma have looked very strong this month and Roglic is the favourite to take the GC with a very strong team behind him.

Anyone else going to be following this year?

The team I shall be following, now Coppi has passed!

Innocent until proven guilty mate. He’s a flamboyant rider and a true sportsman and the Tour needs a winner like Alaphillipe. His team have supported GC challenges in lesser tours and now need to step up to support a Grand Tour bid.

Christ we are literally at the point anyone winning a stage or challenging for the GC is juiced up according to some.

Maybe they are just world class riders?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.