Tour de France 2020

Quite possibly, though it’s been a long, long time (if ever) since the Tour was ridden on bread and water alone. I mean it’s a superhuman undertaking to do that for 3 weeks, day after day. I find you have to ‘suspend your disbelief’ to enjoy pro cycling tbh.
If you listen to some of the pundits and ex pro's, professional cycling is 'as clean as it's ever been' these days.

It's sad really that the reputation of a sport is still suffering from what went on from the early days of the Tour right the way through to probably 2010, possibly beyond and there will always be that niggling doubt.

Having said that, some of these strange performances could be down to something like not having a good night's sleep, or an upset stomach. Something like that can play havoc with a riders pre-race fuelling strategy and would certainly mean they weren't at there best, especially on the climb's. Let's face it, they've not really had the best prep, and they've had to peak later in their training cycle this year.

Quite possibly, though it’s been a long, long time (if ever) since the Tour was ridden on bread and water alone. I mean it’s a superhuman undertaking to do that for 3 weeks, day after day. I find you have to ‘suspend your disbelief’ to enjoy pro cycling tbh.
General consensus is that Lemond was clean. Think he still holds record for highest ever VO2 max.

Its a JV and Roglic show but its been a great fucking tour to date with some really attacking riding from young riders.

Watching the fuckers go up a 10% incline faster than i go on the flat is a bit down heartening though ;-)

Breathless watch today.

Chapeu to all of them getting up that climb!

Roglic barring an accident has this in the bank thanks to his own brilliance and that of his team who have become the new Sky on this showing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.