Tour de Yorkshire

I thought yesterday's stage was brilliant! A real classics style route that allowed the riders to animate the race and force a selection. It reminded me of that Tirreno stage in 2013; the climbs weren't as steep of course but the constant up and down terrain and technical descents really encouraged attacking racing, as did the bit of wind too. I was sceptical about whether this race would be much of a success given it's unfortunate place in the calendar, but credit to Yorkshire yesterday they nailed it, and I bet the organisers were delighted to see the make up and stature of the group that contested the finish.

Agree Shands, Yorkshire did a fine job yet again. Went to watch at the top of the Holmfirth climb yesterday, at the Ford Inn,
Had a dry window of about 3 hours in the middle of the day, so managed to do a bit of riding too, up Holme Moss etc, before they came past. Crowds not as big as TdF but certainly a lot bigger that Tour of Britain.
Watching the highlights last night I thought the crowds were immense further along the course - those scenes on the Cow and Calf reminded me of Buttertubs last year.
I know its not exactly Yorkshire, but if it becomes established, I'd love the organisers to take the race out of the county for one of the days - to the Lake District - where we could see some serious climbs as seen on the Fred Whitton race, which incidentally is taking place next weekend.

In terms of the race, a decent winner, and nice to see Voeckler make the podium. It certainly feels more 'genuine' to watch that the Turkey race. I see Wiggins was just there to make up the numbers; looking a tad heavier these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.