Tour de Yorkshire

chesterbells

Anyone planning on going to watch any of it this weekend? Be interesting how the crowds compare - smaller that when we had the TdF but bigger than the Tour of Britain is a fair guess. Having it over a weekend rather than a working week in September will certainly help.

Weather doesn't look brilliant, but going to head over to Holmefirth again, or maybe go up to Hebden Bridge & do a few rides around there first - Cragg Vale, the Steps etc

Oh yeah, the race itself - Sanchez, Voeckler, Kittel, Ben Swift for Sky, and Wiggins should all animate things.

Possibly doing the beer trail from Dewsbury back to Manchester on Friday, are they going to be in the area I'll be in?

On day 3 they are coming to Blackstone Edge reservoir and they'll enter Lancashire for a few hundred yards before re-entering Yorkshire.

That's the road junction where I watched the Tour de France last year and I think I'll go up there again on Sunday.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MIght have a go at Cragg Vale again and watch the race from how far I get up and get off!

Did you do it last year? Not done it before - I'm told it's not especially steep, just slow and steady!
They are coming down it this time, so that's why I think Hebden Brigde could be my friend.
Hopefully followed by a hostelry for the end of the race then the Spurs match

blue b4 the moon said:
Possibly doing the beer trail from Dewsbury back to Manchester on Friday, are they going to be in the area I'll be in?

Think Friday is the coast mate, the area that didn't get the TdeF.
Best day for weather though, so sure you'll have good day. Not that it'll matter on the train ;-)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MIght have a go at Cragg Vale again and watch the race from how far I get up and get off!

We're in Harrogate for the weekend but I won't get away with watching any of this!!

Done the Cragg Vale climb a few times. Just pace yourself, it's long but not steep but the longest hill in England or GB, can't remember. Takes me about 30 minutes, TdF did it in about ten and didn't stop at the top!!

That hill to Whitby by the way is one of England's most stunning roads. Hope it's sunny.

Quality racing and great crowds again.

Hope Swifty is ok

I think I'll potter up to Blackstone Edge on my bike on Sunday seeing as City are not at home.

Easy does it at my age, and it'll be down hill all the way home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.