TOURE AND LESCOTT

uwe rosler 28

I have lost count the amount of times i have come on here this season and read people's post's about how shit lescott , toure , bridge , richards and even given are because we have concedeed a couple of goals in a game we all have to remember that we have a totally new back line playing together and it is gonna take ages to gel together look how long it took dunne and distin to play well together, years of playing together they were'nt the greatest 2 defenders out there but they formed a partnership that took a good few seasons to build. We are not gonna see the best of our NEW back line till a least the middle of next season its just to early to expect them to understand each others game and for all those who think bringing in new center halfs will be the answer it won,t the only answer is to give the defence time to gel and get use to playing with each other we have more than enough quality going forward to cover for at the moment a leeky defence.

Time is probably the thing that City have the least amount of. A poor result tonight and watch the fur fly.

I have friends who are Everton fans and say Lescott plays at his peak when under pressure and up against the best, a la Drogba and Anelka the other week, when he was superb.

My concern is that because he knows he has a little bit of extra time when up against the likes of Klasnic, Venegoor of Hesselink, etc, he seems to get a bit lax.

harrogateblue said:
Time is probably the thing that City have the least amount of. A poor result tonight and watch the fur fly.

well the owners have give hughes time the surley his players deserve it as well come on we've had 33 years without a trophy and some really shit teams surely another year could,nt hurt us that much at least we know we are going along the right lines

Salford_Blue said:
I have friends who are Everton fans and say Lescott plays at his peak when under pressure and up against the best, a la Drogba and Anelka the other week, when he was superb.

My concern is that because he knows he has a little bit of extra time when up against the likes of Klasnic, Venegoor of Hesselink, etc, he seems to get a bit lax.

Yeah, class internationals play within themselves, but always have the upperhand. If Joleoninho is coming under the bar, he needs to raise his game, obtain the highest level of consistency and sustain it to the end of the season.

I like Kolo, because he's so comfortable on the ball, but his positional sense does seem lacking. I do wonder with getting Kolo if he was pushed up Hughes' list of targets because we want to sign Yaya at some point.

Kolo and Lescott aren't leaders in defence. Simple as. They are the same, they both need telling what to do, who to mark and where to play.

Lescott is a poor second choice to JT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.