Tourist City Fans

Citytillidie69

Does anybody think that with the new influx of Tourist City fans, that the passion and hatred we have towards United etc will be lost in a cloud of megastores, prawn sandwiches and sanatised clapping at eastlands?

As a City fan, born, bred and brought up in a City household, taken to matches from the age of 5 and a season ticket holder ever since, Iv had to run the gauntlet of rag comments for the last 38 years, I find it hard to believe that the new tourist City fan will ever understand how much I despise united and would keep my mouth shut rather than defend anything United unlike some TOURIST city fans.

Citytillidie69 said:
Does anybody think that with the new influx of Tourist City fans, that the passion and hatred we have towards United etc will be lost in a cloud of megastores, prawn sandwiches and sanatised clapping at eastlands?

As a City fan, born, bred and brought up in a City household, taken to matches from the age of 5 and a season ticket holder ever since, Iv had to run the gauntlet of rag comments for the last 38 years, I find it hard to believe that the new tourist City fan will ever understand how much I despise united and would keep my mouth shut rather than defend anything United unlike some TOURIST city fans.

YEP. This will turn into a "friendly" derby. The heart and soul will be lost from MCFC, its the price to pay with success I'm afraid. We will become another Arsenal like "club Emirates".

Get ready to sit next to japs taking photos and middle aged men dressed up in everything City from head to toe politely clapping when we score!

'Tourist' City fans will always find it difficult to feel the way about the rags that certainly most 'local' city fans obviously do ....... as will any non-manc players that we have ........ but realistically we can't really do much about that.

As long as our club continues to grow , both on and off the field , it's a price we'll just have to pay ......... we can't really expect much else.

At the end of the day beatin' the rags once or twice a season is only really any good if we win most of our other games to go with it , no use just winning a relatively 'small' handful of fixtures including both derbies ......... whether you're a local fan or a tourist fan that's the only realistic way to read into it ....... anything else and our club simply just doesn't progress in real terms.

What is worth remembering is that if we can become far more consistent , and start to win a trophy or two , aside from the inevitable 'tourists' , more Manc fans themselves will become interested in us ...... maybe even interested enough to actually go to matches!

FORZA CITY said:
Citytillidie69 said:

YEP. This will turn into a "friendly" derby. The heart and soul will be lost from MCFC, its the price to pay with success I'm afraid. We will become another Arsenal like "club Emirates".

Get ready to sit next to japs taking photos and middle aged men dressed up in everything City from head to toe politely clapping when we score!

Are you having a laugh, a friendly derby not in my lifetime pal!

I'm not convinced we'll get that many "tourist" fans tbh, we have enough of an existing fanbase to fill the stadium and more with a successful side on the pitch.

Can 't say I've noticed any, same miserable bastards I've sat with for the past 20 odd years all around me.

Citytillidie69 said:

methinks this is a thinly veiled dig at me. If some people want to get hung up on their hatred for another club rather than their love for MCFC, that's fine by me. Whatever yanks your chain. I prefer to focus on City to be honest. And if you measure how much of a supporter you are by how much you hate them, then all the best. It's not the way I do things.

I don't have to answer to you just because I happen to be a blue from outside the UK. If you want to keep the club to yourself you are going to be in for a rude awakening in the next couple of years.

sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:

methinks this is a thinly veiled dig at me. If some people want to get hung up on their hatred for another club rather than their love for MCFC, that's fine by me. Whatever yanks your chain. I prefer to focus on City to be honest. And if you measure how much of a supporter you are by how much you hate them, then all the best. It's not the way I do things.

I don't have to answer to you just because I happen to be a blue from outside the UK. If you want to keep the club to yourself you are going to be in for a rude awakening in the next couple of years.

Methinks you are a bit paranoid. Harldy been a glory hunting bandwagon so far. I disagree with all the 'munich' chants, that's just sick. I make do with Rags and not from Manchester gig, no reason why it has to be 'friendly'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.