Toxic

Like I said in the other thread, today more and more fans are questioning why Sven was sacked for Hughes...well the dumbest man involved in football (ha!) deserves to be criticised again!

jay_mcfc said:
Like I said in the other thread, today more and more fans are questioning why Sven was sacked for Hughes...well the dumbest man involved in football (ha!) deserves to be criticised again!

i think that boats long gone mate, nothings to be gained by dragging the guys name back up again... lets get to the end of the season with our manager and assess from there... its no good having all this cash and no one there long enough to be able to build anything with it.

jay_mcfc said:
ramsdale4 said:
I have to disagree with you there mate. I think its common knowledge that without Taskin's connections we would never have been sold to ADUG.

Not saying that...I'm saying they didn't buy us because of him...i.e what he could offer them. ADUG bought us because we're a damn good proposition for someone willing to throw big bucks at a football club.

Why didn't they come in earlier, say when Thaksin took charge? Plenty of other Premiership clubs were available given their wealth. Thaksin, for all his sins (of which there are many), made us a far more attractive proposition than we were previously. And it's no secret the fact that Shinawatra had close allies in the Arab world made them choose us. The guy is morally unscrupulous to say the last, but we wouldn't be where we are now but for him.

Ric said:
Why didn't they come in earlier, say when Thaksin took charge? Plenty of other Premiership clubs were available given their wealth. Thaksin, for all his sins (of which there are many), made us a far more attractive proposition than we were previously. And it's no secret the fact that Shinawatra had close allies in the Arab world made them choose us. The guy is morally unscrupulous to say the last, but we wouldn't be where we are now but for him.

Again not denying he had contacts but that's all he had. It wasn't as if he bought us, spent £300m and won us the league...he just happened to know some very rich people and I guess he knew all along that as soon as his corruption charges were over he could sell the club on at a nice profit...which he did. Maybe we wouldn't have been sold to ADUG had it not been for Thaksin but nobody really knows what might have happened. I didn't mind Thaksin until he started getting involved with footballing matters... it would be like me buying out microsoft and then start telling Bill Gates how to build a computer.

Haha, c'mon. That's all hearsay about him interfering with footballing matters. You know, and I know, that we wouldn't have been sold to ADUG but for Thaksin's links. There's no shame in admitting that.

Ric said:
Haha, c'mon. That's all hearsay about him interfering with footballing matters. You know, and I know, that we wouldn't have been sold to ADUG but for Thaksin's links. There's no shame in admitting that.

I meant by getting ridd of Sven and bringing in Hughes....not by actually interferring with team selection even if there were plenty of rumours going about that he was.

There were plenty of rumours in the tabloids of players having to bow to the chairman, which I know for a fact is untrue. Don't believe everything you read in The Sun Jay.

Maybe Hughes was his appointment, but I think you're going overboard in your loathing of a man based on a managerial appointment that may have been wrong (although still undecided). Not the most heinous crime eh. I take it he doesn't merit any credit for the signings of SWP, Kompany, and Zabaleta? Fair do's. But if not then I presume you're giving the credit to Hughes?

Ric said:
There were plenty of rumours in the tabloids of players having to bow to the chairman, which I know for a fact is untrue. Don't believe everything you read in The Sun Jay.

Maybe Hughes was his appointment, but I think you're going overboard in your loathing of a man based on a managerial appointment that may have been wrong (although still undecided). Not the most heinous crime eh. I take it he doesn't merit any credit for the signings of SWP, Kompany, and Zabaleta? Fair do's. But if not then I presume you're giving the credit to Hughes?

I don't read the sun.. I read bluemoon, Ricardo. I knew the bowing shit was bollocks but there was plenty more than that and you know it.

Of course I give Hughes the credit for those signings and I don't think for one minute that it wasn't ADUG who paid for them either.

Let's just agree to disagree because chatting on a messageboard at 2.27am is sad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.