Trafalgar Square

183sash

just seen film of the Sunderland fans in Trafalgar Square last night on SSN , I remember doing that the night before the play off final in ‘99 , have we taken over the place since then or are we all a bit blasè about going to Wembley now

just seen film of the Sunderland fans in Trafalgar Square last night on SSN , I remember doing that the night before the play off final in ‘99 , have we taken over the place since then or are we all a bit blasè about going to Wembley now

It’s their day out.

The Newcastle fans would do the same.

Think it’s a North East thing, to get down the day before, get pissed up, stay the night, and take over a specific place in London.

City din’t Do that.

Well over 100 coaches went down to Wembley on the day.

This put me off my breakfast,mods if this is inappropriate please take it down ps it all over social media.
27d5c4b5e315625dbaa530ea28cacb77.jpg

Including the Community Shield (treble, quadruple, barm, muffin), we've been there 5 times in 10 months, so yeah; that's a possibility. Plus it's a bloody expensive trip. I wouldn't like to think what last weekend cost me!

It’s their day out.

The Newcastle fans would do the same.

Think it’s a North East thing, to get down the day before, get pissed up, stay the night, and take over a specific place in London.

City din’t Do that.

Well over 100 coaches went down to Wembley on the day.
Back in ‘99 we’d gone down early on the Saturday, there was probably about 20 of us and we’d got a hotel near Trafalgar Square , went drinking during the day and the numbers started dropping with people getting pissed and going missing, can remember about midnight/ 1 in the morning there was only about 3 of us left so started heading back to our hotel , as we got near we could hear the singing so went to look what was going on ,as we turned into TS we could see 100’s of blues in the fountains and all over Nelsons column , no camera phones 20 years ago which we might be thankful for

Got a soft spot for Sunderland after the top level berting to them lot over at Trafford on that last day a few years ago.The documentary Sunderland till I die is an absolute must watch so many comparisons to us in our dark days,the town Just revolves around the club it genuinely is the be all and end all of everything to everyone in the town..fingers crossed for there promotion today

It's a long enough day as it is without trekking to Trafalgar Square.

Stoke final was rammed with blues in chandos and the square

We went to Trafalgar Square on the night after the playoff final, maybe around 10pm. There were hundreds of blues singing and climbing on the lions etc.

It was a bit small town Jonny in retrospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.