Trafford Centre in administration

Bit worried about this. My mum had worked at River island there since it opened. She turns 60 next year and got a horrible feeling she'll be made redundant. Job market is gonna be horrible.

Bit worried about this. My mum had worked at River island there since it opened. She turns 60 next year and got a horrible feeling she'll be made redundant. Job market is gonna be horrible.

Hopefully a buyer will come in for each site they own or administrators split it up and manage themselves. I cant see most shopping centres in the country being allowed to close.

Intu have been taking the piss for a while aggressively monopolising shopping centres. Hopefully the outcome will lead to a lot more competition in that sector.

cant see it happening but hopefully new owners or the administrators taking over could mean cheaper rents and allow smaller independent's back in to the shopping centers. I remember the market area in the Trafford center years ago that was decent.

Bit of a problem if you can't make money on vast shopping malls. Everyone back to the High Street!

I think there's plenty of money to be made, my guess is they've been caught short with an aggressive acquisition strategy compounded by coronavirus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.