Train-Car-Bus

TimpBlue32

I have always driven down to Wembley but was thinking of getting the train with 2 kids.
How easy is it. Any advice.

Easy enough, 2hrs and a it normally very chilled going.
Coming back can be a pain if we have extra time as all those on early trains end up on the later ones and overcrowding happens, but in general everyone gets a seat(Virgin are shithouses and cancel reservations in this instance).

This time though because of cash driving down where normally the only way I travel to London aways is by rail as you cannot beat a train trip

if you are used to driving and don't intend to get steaming drunk the train is shit.

going down doesn't feel to bad, coming back you will say ffs why didn't I drive. Unless you are having 18 pints of larger like !

I have always driven down to Wembley but was thinking of getting the train with 2 kids.

Not easy with these kick off times. Bit of a rush to get back and pricey if 3 of you. If you don’t mind not drinking I’d stick with Driving or do a bit of both. Drive to Warwick and get the train direct to Wembley and much cheaper

I go with the wife and son and I would say it's better than driving to London and you get a seat reserved but like a few say on the way back can get busy but I seem to get a seat.
If your kids are under 16 get yourself a family and friends railcard which cost £30 but you will save that money on your first trip 1/3 off and you can use it for the year

Get a family and friends rail card (up to 4 adults 4 children) £30 works out at £52 adult £15 child. Can’t beat the train my kids love it.

I go to Wembley quite a bit luckily watching City & England but would always say car espescially with the kids. Mine are grown up now though. I have used oakington manor primary school to park. Pre book £15 10 minute walk to stadium if that's any use. Haven't used it since the league cup v Liverpool as I have family down there. Appreciate could be more enjoyable on the train if they haven't done it?

I forgot if you have Tesco Clubcard points you can get the railcard for £10 in vouchers worth £30 so for a tenner you save yourself a lot of money and the kids will love it

The last train back on Saturday 6th is 9pm, unless any more are laid on because of the fixture. That does not leave a lot of time to beat the crowds and get to Euston even if we finish at 7:15pm. You'll need to be off the blocks as soon as the game ends and forget extra time and/or penalties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.