Train Fare Tip

s61blue

Not sure how many people already do this travelling for away games but best way of getting cheaper fares is to split the tickets.

An example is Boro away, if you decide to go on the day and there are no cheap advance tickets left don't pay the £41.80 saver return ticket from Manchester to Boro. Instead get a return from Manchester to York day return which is £21.80 and then get a cheap day return ticket from York to Boro for £9. This saves you £11, which I'm sure would do better being invested in some beers for the journey!!

You'd be surprised how many away games you can save by splitting tickets up.

For me travelling to Boro from Rotherham its costing me £13 return instead of £26 return splitting ticket. I saved half fare on travelling to Villa this year as well.

More beer money for day, always a plus!

It's one of the thing i try to do for passengers travelling long distance. If you put the effort in you'll be amazed how much you save.

blue_wkd said:
Booking each way singles also makes things cheaper a lot of the time.

public transport in this country makes me despair

manchester to stoke, stoke to birmingham is another one you can save on also split your journey on any north east game by splitting it with york.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.