Training courtesy of DH from Mancityfans - which is working

Rammyblues

Training Monday 20/1
Unread postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Lovely sunny day to greet the 24 players who came out in their bright yellow training tops.Well 23 of them anyway with just Vinnie in sky blue.They gathered for the Pellegrini pre training briefing which was another one of those long ones so clearly important stuff to say before the Hammers game.When they broke off a couple of players didn't stay with the group.Micah we knew about as he tweeted on Saturday about being a "little stiff" plus one of Saturday's team but nothing much there as he was doing extra running with a physio.

And yes Jovetic was working fully with the group and I am pretty sure Rodders was too.A bit of jogging followed by stretches and a few short simple exercises and then a couple of keep ball circles took up the first 20 minutes or so and everything was fairly low key.Always less noise when Micah isn't fully involved.Then Pellegrini got them all organised for some corners and free kicks from all sides and all angles.

He clearly takes them very seriously as I see them worked on most times I am there and he tends to stay close to the player who takes the kick.It's a full range of kicks too which we have seen through all the games so far.They can be short with more than one variety of short ones, or near post,penalty spot or back post.The players seem to know exactly what is going to happen with nothing obvious being shouted as instructions.I think there were 3 goals scored from all the attempts with the first being from an unexpected source.

It was funny watching Yaya trying to do a Skrtel on Kun.Not easy as Kun just ducked a little and wriggled away but very funny to watch.One or two of the players will have headaches from repeatedly heading balls away. It will be interesting to see what the team will be tomorrow. When this part ended the Saturday team went in leaving the rest to play a passing game and probably finish with some shooting but that's where I called it a day as they went to the far end of the pitch for the final part.
Douglas Higginbottom

Mods if this is somewhere else just delete but I couldn't see it.

Doug you said on the Jovetic thread he and Lopez were involved and one other that you'll tell us today? Is it Faour? Only player that would shock me is Nasri.

Manchester1894 said:
Doug you said on the Jovetic thread he and Lopez were involved and one other that you'll tell us today? Is it Faour? Only player that would shock me is Nasri.
Faour is with the u16's at a tournament and Nasri is pictured with training gear on and trainers but with a huge contraption on his knee.

Regardless of injury or anything Pellegrini always gets everyone to attend the meetings on the training pitch. Seems a bit odd that Nasri would wear the full training kit though.

CTID101 said:
Manchester1894 said:
Faour is with the u16's at a tournament and Nasri is pictured with training gear on and trainers but with a huge contraption on his knee.

Regardless of injury or anything Pellegrini always gets everyone to attend the meetings on the training pitch. Seems a bit odd that Nasri would wear the full training kit though.

Probably something Pellegrini requires. Get everyone involved and in uniform whether fit or not. I like that policy he has. Keeps everyone in the loop and aware of what is going on.

supercity88 said:
CTID101 said:
Manchester1894 said:

Probably something Pellegrini requires. Get everyone involved and in uniform whether fit or not. I like that policy he has. Keeps everyone in the loop and aware of what is going on.

The more I read/hear of Manuel, the more happy I am that he is at MCFC, and nowhere else on these shores. CTID. In MP we trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.