Training Today 21st October

Neil McNab's Tash

Hi Guys

Posted by DH from cityfans:

Quite a short session today which started with a variation on the bleep ( beep) test. They all lined up and did the usual run to a line and back again on the beep but it was all very slow and after about 2 minutes they stopped and did some stretches. Then off again slightly quicker followed by more stretches. It looked like it would go on all afternoon but it ended suddenly and before they had even got to a decent jog. A bit strange to the idiot onlooker like me but it was all to do with monitoring heart rates and recovery times etc etc.

Even though it was hardly testing it does enable them to make comparisons to other situations when they are stretched and results taken. I am sure it all means something to the sports science guys. Eddie N just shrugged his shoulders and said he just let's them get on with it. A load of other warm up routines followed under the watchful eye of a group of children who I assume had won a competition or something. I must find out how they got in when I was in the usual spot behind the fencing with a blue all the way from Sydney Australia.

They did a short keep ball circle session with the usual fun and inevitable NDJ lunging challenge before breaking into an 8 v 7 match up on half a pitch. The 2 who stood out to me in this were Petrov and Kompany.Petrov scored the first after a set up by RSC. As fierce dipping volleys go it was sensational and he followed it with another great effort which hit the inside of the post with the keeper rooted. Amazing the oppo defence left him the time to shoot.Interesting that the keeper for the side letting goals in was David the Columbian who was very quiet compared to Stu Taylor at the other end who constantly shouts out instructions and warnings

Vinnie just looked authoratative in pretty well everything he did. Good when defending in 1 to 1's and good with the ball and on the one occasion something went wrong he was livid. Match practice aside he is ready.

Toure was around doing all the warm up stuff today but didnt take part in the football match.Bellers wasn't on view at all and neither were Tevez or Nedum. Apart from Nedum I was told they should all be ok for Sunday. The other missing player was Robinho and he didnt even come out for 1 to 1 work. From what I have heard he might make next Wednesday but I would say that is looking doubtful.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Hi Guys

Posted by DH from cityfans:

Quite a short session today which started with a variation on the bleep ( beep) test. They all lined up and did the usual run to a line and back again on the beep but it was all very slow and after about 2 minutes they stopped and did some stretches. Then off again slightly quicker followed by more stretches. It looked like it would go on all afternoon but it ended suddenly and before they had even got to a decent jog. A bit strange to the idiot onlooker like me but it was all to do with monitoring heart rates and recovery times etc etc.

Even though it was hardly testing it does enable them to make comparisons to other situations when they are stretched and results taken. I am sure it all means something to the sports science guys. Eddie N just shrugged his shoulders and said he just let's them get on with it. A load of other warm up routines followed under the watchful eye of a group of children who I assume had won a competition or something. I must find out how they got in when I was in the usual spot behind the fencing with a blue all the way from Sydney Australia.

They did a short keep ball circle session with the usual fun and inevitable NDJ lunging challenge before breaking into an 8 v 7 match up on half a pitch. The 2 who stood out to me in this were Petrov and Kompany.Petrov scored the first after a set up by RSC. As fierce dipping volleys go it was sensational and he followed it with another great effort which hit the inside of the post with the keeper rooted. Amazing the oppo defence left him the time to shoot.Interesting that the keeper for the side letting goals in was David the Columbian who was very quiet compared to Stu Taylor at the other end who constantly shouts out instructions and warnings

Vinnie just looked authoratative in pretty well everything he did. Good when defending in 1 to 1's and good with the ball and on the one occasion something went wrong he was livid. Match practice aside he is ready.

Toure was around doing all the warm up stuff today but didnt take part in the football match.Bellers wasn't on view at all and neither were Tevez or Nedum. Apart from Nedum I was told they should all be ok for Sunday. The other missing player was Robinho and he didnt even come out for 1 to 1 work. From what I have heard he might make next Wednesday but I would say that is looking doubtful.

Cheers NMT

always appreciated - one of the best threads on here - could there be a training thread sticky please? Build on it every day they train?

Matt Diablo said:
i'm bloody happy Vinny is nearly back...

Probley will be a sub on Sunday if Toure is back but im sure he'll start in carling cup next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.