Training Today 25/08

markbmcfc

Interesting start to the day as I got to Carrington quite early but still there was a big presence of photographers already.I wonder if any of them got one of Mancini cycling into work! Sadly I missed him and I have no idea where he cycled from but there he was all kitted out with cycle helmet. RSC no doubt gave him the idea last year.

20 outfield players on show still missing Nigel but I am sure he was working inside.Plenty of fans watching as well as photographers and one or two extra cameras inside so maybe a video will appear on the main site later of some of today's work.One camera was even trained on photographers behind the fencing for a while.

Plenty of routine work today for Nasri's first and at one point early on as they worked in pairs he had nobody to work with.Razak soon sorted that and they seemed to get on great.The spirit though was again excellent throughout the whole group and watching and listening to Vinnie in such a good frame of mind was great to see.The group split into two for some ballwork exercises before Mancini took a team away for some specific work as he usually does and leaving the rest split between shooting practice and some other routines.In some of the shooting practice I saw Carlos was trying to chip the keeper.He got his range right eventually

I watched the Mancini group more but the word was that Mario's finishing was probably the best although maybe he didnt have a lot to compete with.Mancini was looking at all sorts of forward movements which we are starting to see more and more of in games. He switched the groups around for similar sessions with a different 11 and included defensive work to complete some time behind the fencing. A couple of the players didn't take part in the contact sessions no doubt with minor niggles.

As ever a game finished the work for the day and it had a surprise as Joe Hart lined up in the middle with a white bib on.Looked like he was going to be the floating outfield player but no he was the ref! I thought we would be in for a bit of fun but in fact he was very inconspicuous which is what a good referee is isn't he? That despite a moment when Silva appealed for something whcih wasnt given and then when he carried on Joe threatened to hit him ( all in jest of course)

Mario also looked for decisions a couple of times and got nothing.Tough ref our Joe. Kolo opened the scoring latching onto a loose ball before Dzeko took over with 2 really good goals. The first was after some great Silva skill and he just got onto the rebound but had to adjust his feet very quickly.For the 2nd he took anexcellent long pass in his stride then sidestepped a defender before lashing home.

Not the most intense session I have ever seen but it is only Thursday and it was hot.How did Nasri do? How do you think. He is a class player and looked like one.In one team game routine where they seek to release players in to an "end zone" to score a point he was in his element,exchanging one twos with ease and playing good final balls in as well as making great runs through.He will settle with this squad very nicely thank you very much.

Courtesy of DH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.