Training Today 29th January

Neil McNab's Tash

DH was there today, here's his report:

Not a long session today as the players who did most of the wednesday match went in early. Missing altogether were Tevez , Barry,RSC and Vieira. Bridge out again, but alternating with 1 to 1 fitness stuff and joining in with the ball plus Lescott fully involved.

The first two out as ever were Petrov and Bellamy and then the rest wandered out in small groups. The usual gathering around Mancini followed by jogging around the pitch roughly in some kind of formation. The ball was introduced and they split into 2 teams ( there were 18 of them) to do some passing as a team and moving all the time from side to side. Just getting more and more used to the shape and as ever when the ball was passed to the left side it was clear that the right full back was tucking in tight to his centre back.

Next one of the group went off to play the keep ball circle whilst the rest worked on some passing attacking routines for 10 minutes or so and then this group called it a day.Those left out there were supplemented by some reserves to play in a 5 a side game in a small pitch area.I think it was just Trippier and Cunningham who came over.Both did fine but I could hear Brian Kidd fairly often talking and encouraging Tripp during the play.

I think the rule in the game here was 10 passes in a row have to be completed before you could score and it was 2 or 3 touch only. It was fast and frenetic with the stand out goals from Petrov (2 and at times he can make finishing look very easy)Silv another screamer.Quite good fun and really good to see Bridge and Lescott fully involved even if they need a little more time before selection again.Ade seemed ok but for me feeling his way back a little more today then it seemed on Tuesday.

My new Italian friend was there again and called over Roberto to personally autograph the ball he got with a long signed message. Very nice of him. His verdict of wednesday ( that's the lad not Mancini )is that the final goal would not have happened in Italy as a defender would have stopped shrek from scoring by fouling him in whatever way was necessary.

NMT

Hats off to you. I've only just registered, but have reading bluemoon for a while and really enjoy your training posts. cheers.

Can see there is more focus on coaching than ever before. Brill!!!!

Top coach Roberto is.

And about time too.

The 10 touch pass game i used to do in training for ma local team. A very unique approach which helps a great deal with your passing and awareness. Sometimes you would forget the number of passes made and if this was the case ( more than 10) the opposition would then take possession by default.

thanks for the reports!!! awesome!

Neil McNab's Tash said:
His verdict of wednesday ( that's the lad not Mancini )is that the final goal would not have happened in Italy as a defender would have stopped shrek from scoring by fouling him in whatever way was necessary.

I like it! Think that should be included in our team ethics now. That, and using bacon face ref bribing tactics.

id like to see the team play with a bit more pace in the build up....i think at rpesent we are getting in good posditions then slowing the play down too much and chances are going missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.