Training today 3/1/14 by DH

Rammyblues

Training Friday 3/1
Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 pm

The clouds were threatening a violent thunderstorm as I arrived this morning but happily we got nothing as the players came out for the usual pre session briefing.Good viewing to start with as the top curtain was not up even though there were 2 paps taking snaps.

17 on view today with the expected players still missing although getting much closer according to Pellegrini's press conference.I did see Micah outside working hard but didn't catch Jovetic today.Included in the group today were Boyata and Lopes.The whole session was similar to the Tuesday one pre the Swansea game.Definitely no need for a high intensity "match" with the games coming thick and fast.

Everyone in great spirits going about their work.Through the jogs around the field and warm up stretches and exercises before moving into 2 keep ball circles.It might not have been too intense but the competitiveness is still there to be seen by a few tackles by players in the circle wanting to get out.Then the curtain went up as the security guard came around full of apologies to the small band of fans eagerly trying to get a glimpse of their heroes.He had to do it because of the paps!

As on Tuesday they worked on a passing game in two teams away at the far end so I couldn't see much.Clearly MP was watching intently as he intervened a few times to make points.Happily they came to the goal nearest me for the final session which again was all about free kicks and corners.Valuable stuff as we are proving to be quite dangerous from dead ball kicks lately and long may that continue.All sorts practiced with inswingers/outswingers and from left and right.Tehn some direct attempts from close to the edge of the box.I was just saying to lad watching that I rarely see Yaya actually practice these when he stepped up and missed one!

And that was that apart from a few staying out for some penalty practice.Kolarov took one and scored but mainly it was Yaya ,Lopes and Negredo having a go at Costel and Joe. Lopes takes a mean penalty and I only saw one miss as he sent the keeper the wrong way and shot wide.Yaya was having great fun with Joe and I would say ended about equal. Negredo started sloppy but then got serious and scored with some beauties.Clichy joined the bunch as I was leaving and brought a mannequin along with him. Not sure why!

So all in good nick and a few likely to resume full training next week and then just Kun to welcome back.2014 is a good year so far :)
Douglas Higginbottom

"I did see Micah outside working hard" - I wonder if he will be fit enough for West Ham game. If he is then Zab can play tomorrow, Richards wednesday leaving Zab for the Toon game where he will be really needed.

Interesting to hear about all the set piece work we do.

I'd say we are the most dangerous team in the league from corners and free kicks.

Rammyblues said:
Training Friday 3/1
Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 pm

The clouds were threatening a violent thunderstorm as I arrived this morning but happily we got nothing as the players came out for the usual pre session briefing.Good viewing to start with as the top curtain was not up even though there were 2 paps taking snaps.

17 on view today with the expected players still missing although getting much closer according to Pellegrini's press conference.I did see Micah outside working hard but didn't catch Jovetic today.Included in the group today were Boyata and Lopes.The whole session was similar to the Tuesday one pre the Swansea game.Definitely no need for a high intensity "match" with the games coming thick and fast.

Everyone in great spirits going about their work.Through the jogs around the field and warm up stretches and exercises before moving into 2 keep ball circles.It might not have been too intense but the competitiveness is still there to be seen by a few tackles by players in the circle wanting to get out.Then the curtain went up as the security guard came around full of apologies to the small band of fans eagerly trying to get a glimpse of their heroes.He had to do it because of the paps!

As on Tuesday they worked on a passing game in two teams away at the far end so I couldn't see much.Clearly MP was watching intently as he intervened a few times to make points.Happily they came to the goal nearest me for the final session which again was all about free kicks and corners.Valuable stuff as we are proving to be quite dangerous from dead ball kicks lately and long may that continue.All sorts practiced with inswingers/outswingers and from left and right.Tehn some direct attempts from close to the edge of the box.I was just saying to lad watching that I rarely see Yaya actually practice these when he stepped up and missed one!

And that was that apart from a few staying out for some penalty practice.Kolarov took one and scored but mainly it was Yaya ,Lopes and Negredo having a go at Costel and Joe. Lopes takes a mean penalty and I only saw one miss as he sent the keeper the wrong way and shot wide.Yaya was having great fun with Joe and I would say ended about equal. Negredo started sloppy but then got serious and scored with some beauties.Clichy joined the bunch as I was leaving and brought a mannequin along with him. Not sure why!

So all in good nick and a few likely to resume full training next week and then just Kun to welcome back.2014 is a good year so far :)
Douglas Higginbottom

"I did see Micah outside working hard" - I wonder if he will be fit enough for West Ham game. If he is then Zab can play tomorrow, Richards wednesday leaving Zab for the Toon game where he will be really needed.

Lopes practising with Yaya and Negredo, that sounds promising for Lopes for tomorrow

Just wondering if any supporters watching have harassed the paps into leaving, obviously not violently but maybe by making it very difficult to take decent photos? Waving an old photo of Vonky? That nose was certainly big enough to make any photo null and void!

No one can't claim Doug and his crew of being anything but dedicated.

Keep up the good work fellows and I hope its all worth it for you braving the elements and all.

Either that or you are mad but in a good way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.