Training Today 4th February

Neil McNab's Tash

DH got there again lads, as always the ever reliable:

Here's his report

Thankfully it was shorts and t shirt weather today compared to yesterday.Little signs of snow on the field and as they came out in dribs and drabs it was looking hopeful that all the work wouldnt be done behind the fence.

That's where they started though and it was all the same faces as yesterday getting into their respective positions on the field as Mancini likes to do before they do some gently jogging around the pitch always keeping in team shape. Nedum moved into a center back position only to be moved to right back.It's a pretty impressive looking squad when you see them all set up like that and if I can remember all of them it was:

Right backs Zabba and Ned ( no Micah)
Left Backs Silv , Garrido , Bridge and Cunningham
Center Backs Toure , Boyata ,Lescott( no Vinnie)
Right midfield SWP,Ireland Johnson
Center Mid Barry, NDJ,Ibrahim , Vieira
Left Mid Petrov , Bellers
Strikers Ade , RSC,Tevez
( I am sure I have missed one)

and 5 keepers were working away elsewhere.
After a spell of stretching exercises they broke into 2 groups again with one lot playing some 7 a side stuff and the other working with Mancini.Today that group was the attacking part of the team ( maybe Saturday's?) working on inter passing , movements and good angles to get players in for a finish.The first group lined up as a 4.4.2 with a diamond midfield and Stevie at the top and NDJ at the bottom and Barry and Vieira left and right. This changed quite quickly to a 4.3.3 formation with Bellers and AJ as the 2 front wide players. I think he worked fairly briefly with about 4 different groups of players and formations and I maybe wrong but I reckon Ade and SI were the only 2 there all the time. So many options. The only person not to figure in anything was RSC who isnt ready yet for full contact training.
In the 7 a side game it was the usual frenetic stuff. Barry scored a very special scissor kick goal, Silv smashed a screamer onto the bar, Nielsen was shouting no shot no shot all the time to his teammates,AJ scored another and looked good, Shay got bored on the other pitch and came over to make his customary top saves and as ever NDJ looked threatening.Vieira looked very composed even in this kind of game and scored at least one but I would guess most players will have scored at least one.

Just an hour today before they started to go in. Petrov,Ireland and Bellers stayed for a little shooting practice and ultimately it was just Stevie putting the finish on some crosses. Not always perfect but some of the volleys were superb and it was good to see him doing this again.

Great to meet 2 John's at Carrington today (M147WN on here one of them) who came along for the first time and at least managed to see something. Ibrahim and Cunningham stayed out longer than the rest just passing the ball around and doing a bit of crossing and finishing together.

As another poster here is planning to visit tomorrow I asked on the of the fitness coaches what time training was likely to be but he said sorry mate no idea , you will probably know before we do!

Re: Training Today 3rd February

mcfc_die_hard said:
cheers NMT
Blue>Red said:
thanks as always great to hear

The thanks go to DH boys, it's hard to judge what time Mancini is training them at the moment, as you can see from DH's comments, the staff don't know either, so we're lucky that DH has the time to enlighten us.

I keep picking times and missing!

You are both legends in my eyes. I love the reports. To me the only difference since Hughes went is that Mancini splits the groups up and works with the defence for a day or two and then the attackers. Is that true?

erocsevil said:
Johnson was down as a right winger?

Johnson is equally as good with his right and left feet.
That's why he was in such high demand...especially if Platini gets his 6+5 rule through.

MCC said:
You are both legends in my eyes. I love the reports. To me the only difference since Hughes went is that Mancini splits the groups up and works with the defence for a day or two and then the attackers. Is that true?
From what I gather Mancini seems alot more hands on, from what I remember regarding Hughes he seemed to leave all the coaching to Eddie N, and Bowen but then would have a chat with the squad at the end of a session.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.