Training today from DH- looking good

Rammyblues

Training Friday 10/1
Unread postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Perfect training conditions today if slightly cold for the lazy watcher. They worked over on the far Sale Sharks pitch today so decent viewing for me but I did notice a lot of stuff set out on the 1st pitch which suggested there would be plenty of 1 on 1 work going on for those coming back from injury.
23 players on view to start with (yes 23 and that didn't include the keepers) for the initial MP briefing.It ended with just 20 as Kun ,Rodders and Jovetic went off to work separately.Kun after an extra chat with MP.Everyone looking very bright and lively as you might expect and the group included Boyata and Guidetti (therefore I assume not playing for the under 21's tonight) plus the surprise of Alex Nimely ( I am sure it was him).The briefing started with a strong round of applause which I am sure would have been for Yaya and his latest APotY award.

Training started with a jog or tow and then some simple sharp exercises.Two fun bits in these included running whilst pushing another player or perhaps it was all about resisting the pressure from another player.Then they ran back from one routine and linked arms to press back to back.Watching Yaya linked with Silva was funny and I think David recognised the mismatch.Another pairing was Navas with Micah which seemed to always end with Jesus sprinting away. Fun to watch and everyone enjoying it too.

Into some stretches before breaking into 3 keep ball circles and then they broke into to main groups.One was the team from Wednesday who went inside shortly afterwards.Again no point in too strong a session for players who played 2 days ago and just don't need match practice type work.

The others got into an attack v defence session which was really good. Great to see a quality early finish from Guidetti from a good Navas ball. Jesus was looking superb so obviously has no problems remaining from whatever his midweek niggle was.Nimely scored next to finish a great Milner/Guidetti move.All under the eagle eye of MP and his team watching intently.

I left before they finished today ( the pictures beckoned) but saw 2 players working hard which I believe were Jovetic and Rodders.Kun I assume was inside but we saw him yesterday going through all sorts ok work and I was told he was also doing a lot of shooting practice. Good signs that all 3 are not far away.
Douglas Higginbottom

Alex Nimely, bloody hell... nearly 23 now and out of contract this summer. That lad's injury record is up there with Rodwell's. He looked decent in the pre-season friendlies, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.