Training Yesterday Thursday 27th

Neil McNab's Tash

Sorry lads I wasn't able to get to training yesterday.

But yet again I have copied what DH has posted from another site, a quality, reliable poster, but I hope he's done his other jobs that he had to do:

I don't like International weeks but I went down to Carrington to see what life there was anyway. Wet and windy is an understatement. It was foul out there with the wind howling from the n/west and the rain coming in horizontally but when I arrived the players were already out there doing warm up routines.

Basically it was the majority of the reserve team from tuesday + Johnson , Hamman, Petrov. I have to say I wondered what some of them were thinking about being out in this weather whilst most of their teammates were off elsewhere with their national teams and some in very different climates. After a few minutes Eddie Niedzvieki ran off to get some kind of waterproof top for all the players as the rain was really bad!!

Shortly after that the 2 Mark's came out and on their walk across to the players I think I was spotted ( the idiot over there with a brolly! ) and Mark Bowen came straight over for a chat. Really good of him to make my trip extra worthwhile. Shame I can't tell all of what we talked about.

The fitness news is:
Petrov should be in full training next week. Today he did warm up stuff with the others but then worked with fitness coaches separately.
Johnson is still working regularly and although I get the impression everything with his injury isn't perfect he was out there again today and striving to get fit. He showed some touches today to remind of the quality he has too.
Benjani coming along but the thigh injury was quite a bad one so he will take time , as with Boj , to get fully over it.
Sturridge looking quite good and as I said was ok with the reserves too in midweek.
Ireland still has a bit of pain from his injury but it isn't deemed a long term problem and he will be ok for Arsenal. He could probably have played against Sunderland if absolutely necessary.
Bridge is ok now. Both Ireland and Bridge did come out for some very light work near the end.
Kompany did join his country but won't play the first game and come back to City but will probably play the midweek international.

We had 4 keepers out there today and when 3 came across to join the others for some 4/5 a side football practice Kasper stayed with the keeper coach. Plenty to talk about there I am sure. It must be tough for Kasper now he is 3rd in line. Personally I think he is an excellent young keeper and if he is behind Joe it aint by much. It is impressive how much he still puts into training day in day out.

So after an hour or so I called it a day and I as I was leaving I even got a wave from the gaffer

Cheers mate.. its refreshing to read updates about our players without any of the usual diatribe or spin by journo's with a racial abuse campaign.. "is it because we are blue ? "

Hopefully Johnson , Petrov & Studge will all figure either before the end of season - although not holding my breath for Johnson .. Imagine what we would have done this season with 2 of last seasons better players in the team ! ..

Thanks again ..

Cheers, much appreciated these posts are the very reason I joined Bluemoon, to hear about the day to day running of the club the mundane things, the fans knowledge not polluted ny the Red Top agenda.

Thanks a million for taking the time and trouble, its a pity posts like this do not run to hundreds of replies and multiple pages for replies, I guess only the speculative and abusive ones warrant that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.