Tram Question

Fife_MCFC

Hi folks, I am attending the game on Wednesday with my son and wondered how long the wait is for the tram back into town after the game if anyone can provide some feedback. Usually I have my car and the last time we went to a midweek game we ended up walking back into town. Thanks

Hi folks, I am attending the game on Wednesday with my son and wondered how long the wait is for the tram back into town after the game if anyone can provide some feedback. Usually I have my car and the last time we went to a midweek game we ended up walking back into town. Thanks

Hi mate. It's always quicker to walk back into town rather than queue for the tram. Haven't caught the tram for a while but last time I queued for about 45 minutes, whereas it takes me 25 minutes to walk back to Piccadilly.

Depends upon the time you leave the ground. Plus or minus 15 mins and you can usually jump or miss the queue for the tram. Otherwise 30-40 min wait on the whistle; then you have your connection to consider to get you home.

Parking is hit or miss with lots of roads now permit only near the ground.

So the summarise, getting to and fro the Etihad by road or tram is usually a pain!

Hi mate. It's always quicker to walk back into town rather than queue for the tram. Haven't caught the tram for a while but last time I queued for about 45 minutes, whereas it takes me 25 minutes to walk back to Piccadilly.

Thanks for the feedback. I must have walked the wrong way last time because it took over 1 hour to walk back and the wee man was not happy although the win against Barcelona softened the blow. I usually park in Vivkers Street which takes you down the A6010 but would it be better going the A662 New Ashton Road, would that be the best route?

Thanks for the feedback. I must have walked the wrong way last time because it took over 1 hour to walk back and the wee man was not happy although the win against Barcelona softened the blow. I usually park in Vivkers Street which takes you down the A6010 but would it be better going the A662 New Ashton Road, would that be the best route?

I can't help you on that score but if it took you an hour, even with a little un walking slowly you were definitely lost ! Do you mean Vickers Street ?

I can't help you on that score but if it took you an hour, even with a little un walking slowly you were definitely lost ! Do you mean Vickers Street ?
Yes Vickets Street is where I would normally park so guessing this was the wrong way for heading back to town. Seems that walking back is best just provided it is in the right direction and the correct route

Don’t do it... just walk back to town - follow the crowds - you’ll be in town just as quick and the hassle of queuing for the tram and the massive overcrowding makes it a thoroughly bad experience.

Depends where your seats are...

We're in the family stand so can leg it on the final whistle (after a resounding battering of the spuds, of course) and a quick sprint gets you at the front of the queue as the tram stop is just there.

If you're down with the riff-raff, just walk to town.

(or just leave ten minutes early...)

The tram is fucking shite, you'd be quicker walking. On your hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.