Tram Question

No it's not. They are trying to encourage people in Manchester to use all methods of transport.

Cars out:

Foot, Bike, Bus, Tram, Train in

It does not work for the elderly who need the car, but for those who live in Manchester it is great. City looks great without cars jammed on Deansgate and Oxford Rd. It's a pleasure to live in Manchester at the moment. Do you think all those skyscrapers going up have a car for every flat?

Everyone moved out of the City centre due to the polution and beig dead at 40, not sure why the yuppies all move back in.

The fact is most people in the City centre are not City supporters and you struggle to get on a tram in manchester city centre withing 75 minutes of the game without being involved in a massive crush. Waiting 14 minutes on match day for a single is rediculous.

It’s ok getting the tram to the ground, but my god it’s a waste of time trying to get them back to town. One carriage every ten minutes or so yesterday. Your better off walking
If you have the time do what I do after the game, had a couple of pints in the pub, got the tram halfway through the dips second half.....dead easy.

If I'm not drinking etc I drive/walk to Central Park or Town.

What I don’t understand is why doesn’t any tram that would normally stop at Piccadilly just carry on for the 3 extra stops to the Etihad for a couple of hours before kick off. Doesn’t even have to stop at New Islington or Holt Town.

We now clap the players off and take our time walking to City Square. We listen to the guys talking about the game on the stage for a while and watch the goals on the big screen. They then showed an interview with Fernandinho and we had a quick look in the store. By the time we got to the trams the queues were almost gone...no hassle whatsoever.

What I don’t understand is why doesn’t any tram that would normally stop at Piccadilly just carry on for the 3 extra stops to the Etihad for a couple of hours before kick off. Doesn’t even have to stop at New Islington or Holt Town.

That's too easy. Instead let's disgorge huge numbers of people at Cornbrook who then try and push and fight their way onto already busy trams when they arrive. I also wonder at the wisdom of stopping at Piccadilly station when most trams are packed solid when they arrive. I sometimes wonder at the intelligence of the people who run our transport system.

During the week day rush hours all trams to and from Altrincham are double units, come match day and out come the single units - crazy.

There is a third track (turn round loop) between the Etihad Campus and Velopark stops, why don’t the idiots use it?

I have written to MCFC, TFGM and his idiot the Mayor and all of them either ignore you or fob you off.

When some poor bugger gets crushed maybe they will come to their senses.

Looks like somebody has finally woken up at tfgm.
Trams to Ashton today from Victoria.
Only took 5 years of phone calls to complain.
See how long they last.

First time I’ve walked to Piccadilly from the ground. It’s 100% the better option. I got to the station quicker then the met and it’s a nice walk

Looks like somebody has finally woken up at tfgm.
Trams to Ashton today from Victoria.
Only took 5 years of phone calls to complain.
See how long they last.
They haven’t woken up it’s just Eccles line closed today ( and last home game).
So instead they run Bury to Ashton, till the work is finished at Cornbrook?
On the other hand, as someone who gets on at Eccles, it’s quicker to drive into town, to miss out all that crap near Cold Trafford, park up near Victoria station on free streets ( sometimes), walk to station, get on a tram, see the match etc etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.