Tramadol

If this helps...Been on it for about eighteen months, prescribed four 50mg doses each 24hrs. I take three doses at four hourly intervals (07:00, 11:00 and 15:00, each accompanied by two paracetamols (for a patellofemoral issue - kneecap not tracking correctly in the femoral groove - between long term and permanent). In other words I avoid the maximum dosage.

GPs have tried several alternatives which have worked somewhere between crap and really shit. Haven't noticed any addictiveness. If I skip one of these doses its the knee pain that reminds me I've not taken the tramadol.

Awaiting referral for pain management clinic.

PS I don't suppose anyone has experience of patellofemoral issues? Really fucked off with it.

You won’t feel any problems with the medication.

Whilst taking it.

You may be lucky and be one of the few people who can get off it, symptom free.

BUT if and when you do want to stop your doc will insist on you tapering.

You may well then find you are dependent on it ( this is not addiction).

And that last 50 mg dose is a killer to give up if your body wants it.

Believe me.

I have to say if i miss some doses i never have any probs,as someone else says you feel the pain not any withdrawl symptoms,it might be i have been on them so long that they are not as effective anyway,for acute use stop them once the acute episode is over just to be safe

Missing a dose results in no withdrawal, it takes 24-48 hours to start, when the drug is out of your system and your body notices.

If you have been on them any length of time your GP will tell you you must not just stop.

You must taper.

And it’s 3 weeks minimum of hell stopping, not overnight.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/tramadol/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.