Tranfer windows, Valium and losing the will to live.

Did you see his performance at Ibrox :(

Plus he is set to run down his contract and leave in the summer. We should sell him now for whatever we can get and put that toward a replacement,
I wasnt being entirely honest about Boyata ;-(

You have spent all the money on improving existing players' contracts, or at least that is what I heard when AEK knocked you out. That coupled with some signings that didn't work isn't a good combination

I know, but to save £10m we lost £60m. And our CEO has been handed a £2.3m bonus!!! That 70% of the total inconecwe made for winningbthe treble. He loses us £60m and takes a bonus? WTF?

PM me and I will sort you out. :)

At a very competitive price.
Your problem here is that your board see a squad that's good enough to win the SPL and sometimes make the group stages of the CL and they're happy with that. The next step would be building a squad that makes the group stage every season and has a chance of making the knockouts, however the money that would cost to do is a lot more than the money that could be earned from doing so. Also, they have zero control over who you draw in the playoff round so it could be an extremely expensive gamble if it fails. So why would they?

Your problem here is that your board see a squad that's good enough to win the SPL and sometimes make the group stages of the CL and they're happy with that. The next step would be building a squad that makes the group stage every season and has a chance of making the knockouts, however the money that would cost to do is a lot more than the money that could be earned from doing so. Also, they have zero control over who you draw in the playoff round so it could be an extremely expensive gamble if it fails. So why would they?

We are talking only about £10m. We knowxwe cant go mad. But we got VVD for £3m. I’m not saying there are loads of him out there but plentyvin the £5m bracket from smaller leagues who would be miles better than what we have.

I know, but to save £10m we lost £60m. And our CEO has been handed a £2.3m bonus!!! That 70% of the total inconecwe made for winningbthe treble. He loses us £60m and takes a bonus? WTF?

I see your point re Europe but I imagine the board's defense would be that they did not want to risk the club's future and be lumbered with a big-money if they failed to qualify for the group stages

In terms of the league, Rodgers' should be doing better shouldn't he? You still have better players than anyone up there and Rangers have an inexperienced manager and a load of Liverpool youth players on loan

We are talking only about £10m. We knowxwe cant go mad. But we got VVD for £3m. I’m not saying there are loads of him out there but plentyvin the £5m bracket from smaller leagues who would be miles better than what we have.
You got VVD for £3m but you've blown a lot of money on shite as well, where's the board's guarantee that the £10m results in CL group stages?
We've discussed scouting and development before, Celtic could be doing a lot better in that regard, there's numerous clubs in central and eastern Europe (RB Salzburg come to mind) who've built and developed better squads on smaller budgets than Bodgers has been given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.