Transfer deadline day

Hart of the Matter

May seem a bit previous as deadline day is tomorrow but according to BBC website today is the day for most of Europe (does that mean any international deals into/out of Premier League have to be completed today?)

May seem a bit previous as deadline day is tomorrow but according to BBC website today is the day for most of Europe (does that mean any international deals into/out of Premier League have to be completed today?)
European window closes today which means they won't be able to buy players tomorrow but can still sell tomorrow which seems unlikely cause they won't be able to get replacements in

I think our business is done and its a great feeling, while watching these other teams run round panic buying BUT with Zab and Clichy out for the next 4-6weeks If I was feeling alittle greedy I would like to see us buy another defender......We were linked with Fabinho earlier in the window and think his flexibility to play at the back and as a holding role in midfield would make a nice deadline day signing!;)

I'd be upset to see Nasri go. If we are going to stick to this system of a mobile, creative front 3 behind a lone striker, then having 5 players from which we can pick any 3 (i.e. 3 from Sterling, KDB, Silva, Navas & Nasri) needs Nasri to stay. Our problem last season was that we had insufficient depth in those kinds of players

Actually, I think one of the most difficult jobs on the pitch is the 2 CM positions in our system. Our fullbacks bomb up the pitch constantly and the front 4, whilst working hard in tracking back & pressing, are far from the best tacklers on the pitch, so we rely on the 2 CMs helping out our defence a lot

Beyond yaya & on current form, fernandinho for those 2 positions, we have fernando & the unknown quantity of Delph (not quite sure his best position ?). I don't think any of the youngsters tipped to break through are in that position ? So CM is definitely the area another player would be most desirable

I don't see Zuculini as even being a matter for discussion - he's only in the squad this season if we happen to have room for him. I never saw the point in buying him and I made that very clear when we bought him (for which I was absolutely slaughtered on here at the time)

I can see fullbacks, who are performing well at the moment, being more an issue we will address over the next 18 months or so when some of ours get that bit older.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.