Transfer forum posters

There's some posters on the forum (not just the transfer forum either) that have been members for nearly a decade, yet they have a very low number of posts, relative to the time they've been here. Where have they been hiding? Has this past 10 years not been a really exciting time in the club's history, worthy a commenting on from time to time? It's weird.
Some people don’t use the internet that much, or aren’t that arsed about forums. Pop in every now and again.

Some people have very busy lives too, they’d look at you like you have two heads if you said “hey did you see that on Bluemoon?” as they think “no I’ve done 65 hours in work this week you twat!”

Some people aren’t sad bastards like all us lot as well and live their lives in the real world rather than on social media. They probably think it’s posters who have tens of thousands of posts who are the weird ones.

In our group of mates, if anyone is on their phone when we’re out they get the piss ripped out of them “why you on your phone you twat, get off it”... but you see some group of people and they’re all sat round a table together but they’re all on their phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pleased that we have people who share info in good faith. But anyone that says “it’s done” takes a real chance. Unless the player is having a medical at the CFA, I can’t see how anyone can claim that.
One thing for sure even if we have an agreement with a player and club, with our stance we can STILL be gazumped.

There's some posters on the forum (not just the transfer forum either) that have been members for nearly a decade, yet they have a very low number of posts, relative to the time they've been here. Where have they been hiding? Has this past 10 years not been a really exciting time in the club's history, worthy a commenting on from time to time? It's weird.

Some prefer to talk city in person rather to faceless people on the internet.

Plus this place gets saturated with people that clearly don’t (and probably have no intention) go to games. Trying to get your point across on some of the forum threads, especially pre match is almost pointless. You may as well be chatting to yourself or the dog.

When I log on I just scan the new posts and go into the ones I think might be interesting to me I rarely look what forum they are in. I find i t a bit odd that some seem to stick to off topic or the just the transfer forum, then some only seem to appear in match treads I try to stay out of there though.
I do wonder why the ones that seem only to be in the political threads choose to come onto a City forum to have their political rows.

Some prefer to talk city in person rather to faceless people on the internet.

Plus this place gets saturated with people that clearly don’t (and probably have no intention) go to games. Trying to get your point across on some of the forum threads, especially pre match is almost pointless. You may as well be chatting to yourself or the dog.
For a lot of folk that don't live locally, getting to games is hard, not least financially. I'd love to get to more games than I do, but I just can't afford it. Though I am over for the Newcastle game. Therefore, this place is a godsend for me, specially as there are very few City fans around where I live to talk to. I don't see why not going to games makes some folk feel like they can't take an active part in the forum.

I don't agree,a game is a journey with ups and downs, the odd fighti,t's all in the match thread,it's a way people watching the game on their own can feel part of the crowd,no need to take it all so seriously
Bang on Karen. That's how I read it anyway. I go to all home games, and they moan all fucking game as well. Even when we're winning, someone will piss and moan about something.

For a lot of folk that don't live locally, getting to games is hard, not least financially. I'd love to get to more games than I do, but I just can't afford it. Though I am over for the Newcastle game. Therefore, this place is a godsend for me, specially as there are very few City fans around where I live to talk to. I don't see why not going to games makes some folk feel like they can't take an active part in the forum.

Fair enough. It’s horses for courses I suppose. The site has obvious values and I enjoy reading a lot of the threads rather than actively getting involved in them.

However, I’d probably get more involved in chatting city on the forum if it wasn’t so saturated with comments. A thread post match can easily get to a high number of pages very quickly and on many occasion a point you’d like to make has already been made, discussed, disagreed on and turned into a bitchy slanging match by the time you’ve got back from your post match beers in the pub.

Seeing posters arguing is a bit of a deterrent too I suppose but can be entertaining if your browsing.

Truth is from my own perspective is that I’ve chatted city pre and post match in person. I’ve usually chatted city on a Monday morning too at work so repeating my thoughts on an Internet forum where everything’s already been done to death, doesn’t really make any sense. Hense why you get members that have been on the site for a decade or so with a fairly low post count.

I find myself getting involved in off topic more than the actual city forum. Most of the time your voice gets heard there.

...Seeing posters arguing is a bit of a deterrent too I suppose but can be entertaining if your browsing...
It's mildly entertaining for the first three or four posts. After that though, you wish they'd take it to PMs. That's generally why I bail out of arguments pretty promptly, even when I know I'm right. I'm pretty sure most folk on here don't want to see two members arguing all night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.