Transfer startegy / planning

onceabluealways

Do other like myself wonder what our original transfer strategy / targets were.

We have signed Clichy - which only came about when it was out he was leaving arsenal

We've signed savic - maybe be good time will tell.
Sanches - looks like we have missed him

Other than tyhat all the players we are linked with appear to be due to circumstances that have arisen

Nasri - only got interested when it was out he was available
Aguero - Seems to have come about since the Tevez request to leave.

When you consider that mancini wanted businees done quickly - you have to wonder who his original targets were. Surley to move us to the next level he would not have only highlighted Sanches and savic.

Think Pastore may have been an original target until Palermo slapped that ridiculous price tag on him, and with the reputation Zamperini has, it would be murder to get him to lower it.

I think... well I HOPE it is just a case of City holding their cards extremely close to their chests this time around.

Don't forget the two mind-blowing signings redknapp mentioned? Hmmmmm who could they be?

onceabluealways said:
Do other like myself wonder what our original transfer strategy / targets were.

We have signed Clichy - which only came about when it was out he was leaving arsenal

We've signed savic - maybe be good time will tell.
Sanches - looks like we have missed him

Other than tyhat all the players we are linked with appear to be due to circumstances that have arisen

Nasri - only got interested when it was out he was available
Aguero - Seems to have come about since the Tevez request to leave.

When you consider that mancini wanted businees done quickly - you have to wonder who his original targets were. Surley to move us to the next level he would not have only highlighted Sanches and savic.

I doubt our transfer planning was based upon "who's the bargain of the day". It would be extrmely likely we were working on Clichy for a while, it's common knowledge his contract was running down. Same with Nasri, probably more of a watching brief on him we've now taken advantage of as I guess most people assumed he would renew his deal at Arsenal until very recently.

Tevez dumping us, whilst not a complete surprise, obviously triggered some action. Unfortunately you can't spend £40m because someone "might" leave.

My view
Clichy - planned
Savic - planned
Sanchez - planned but Barca gazumped us

Nasri - triggered by refusal to sign a new contract. I presume he's the alternative to chasing Pastore, Hamsik etc.
Aguero - triggered by Tevez announcement

I'm reasonably relaxed at the moment although want to see some signatures also just to complete the side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.