Transfer Strategy

Woeful is probably correct word.

I‘m not that bothered, it’s only football, but I’d be astonished if we win the league this season. To have all our eggs in the stupid Kane basket was lunacy, then a last minute attempt for Ronaldo, with no proper Plan B. Crazy.

Not a prayer we will get Haaland when he’s available, as we’ve proved we just won’t get stuck in. As I say, I do actually reckon we are hated that much that teams constantly try to fuck us.

What now for striker?
Agree on the league point, though I was quite happy to have a fallow season if we recruited with the intention of coming back stronger in 22-23. I was never sold on Kane, nor Ronaldo/Messi/Haaland, and I rather viewed attempts at signing such as either futile or a tacit recognition that our established policy was somehow failing.

I still think there are extremely competent strikers in Europe that could easily get us twenty plus a season, but going for them now would mean swallowing a great deal of humble pie, and they’re also going to be tarred by opposing fans- and some on here- as the poor man’s relative.

We need to get back to the usual way we operate. This mega money signings have never been our thing. Normally we would spread the huge sum across on 3 players and not just one big player, this is a very weird terrain for us and that's why it seems like the transfer team are shitting the bed, it's just not our style. Go back to the Mancini and early Pep years transfer strategy.

Once this window closes, the Pep situation becomes a problem. As we get nearer to his expected departure we won`t have the added bonus of players wanting to come to us to learn under the best manager on the planet.
That`s why I think the Huge Ferris question at today`s presser about Pep and his future was staged by the club.

"They relate to alleged attacks on three women, including one aged under 18, between October 2020 and August 2021."

Doesn't mean the news broke last year, it's just a timeline of the supposed incidents. I believe the club are just getting the information same as the rest of us.
I don't know if you are taking the piss, or just obtuse. He was on bail for alleged rapes that occurred last year. He allegedly raped another woman this year. Thus, violating his bail conditions.

Agree on the league point, though I was quite happy to have a fallow season if we recruited with the intention of coming back stronger in 22-23. I was never sold on Kane, nor Ronaldo/Messi/Haaland, and I rather viewed attempts at signing such as either futile or a tacit recognition that our established policy was somehow failing.

I still think there are extremely competent strikers in Europe that could easily get us twenty plus a season, but going for them now would mean swallowing a great deal of humble pie, and they’re also going to be tarred by opposing fans- and some on here- as the poor man’s relative.
Can’t agree about Haaland, I‘d pay whatever it takes to get him, but it’s just not our m.o.

I do agree about Kane, Messi and Ronaldo though.

Tough call now as we are properly in the shit and in danger of letting Pep down severely, we all saw his comments the other day so know he wasn’t happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.