Transfer Strategy

So if Sam Lee's anything to go by, we were gazumped for Ronaldo.

Truth is I don't think there was anything we could have done once they went in. His ties with United combined with the extra money plus the chance to be with Phil Jones was always going to be too much.

On the flip side, had they not gone for him it's very likely he'd be a City player. It amuses me slightly that they've gone for him just to stop us doing it.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you. Personally I think we miss way too many chances, confidence may be affected by our lack of a striker, and despite really trying I just don’t see anything in Torres at all. Even Ings is better.
Agreed. I enjoyed the game last week being back in the ground and Jesus had a really good game. However, that Norwich defending was absolutely horrendous.

We'll find out one day that it was Vlahovic doing his best Scottish piss head impression on the blower to Ronaldo who convinced him to go back to the Rags!!

I think Ings would have done a job, not a signing to have you salivating but a pragmatic transfer. I’d even have Auba or Laca from Arsenal. They might not be absolute top drawer and the perfect replacement for Sergio but think they’d be extremely effective.
Totally agree mate.

I think Ings would've scored plenty for us. Ok he's not too notch but would be a massive improvement on what we have. And for the fee he went for it will be good business for Villa.

I also think Aubamayang is a good shout. He is an absolute mercenary but he's absolutely lethal as well. I bet Arsenal might be tempted to offload him with his age and the fact they need to rebuild. He would get us 30 plus goals a season no question about it. He must be wanting some more cash and medals so might be worth a 50m offer. He would improve us.

More than anything we need a striker who can score the huge number of chances we create.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.